Question Placing Quarantined Fish Into The Display Aquarium

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Is it really necessary to place fish from my quarantine tank in a bag and acclimate them like normal for 10-15 minutes? Since the Ph is the exact same and the temperature is as well, couldn't I just transfer them with a net (ensuring that they're not sick of course so there's no cross contamination).

CrazedHoosier

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucyn said:
Is it really necessary to place fish from my quarantine tank in a bag and acclimate them like normal for 10-15 minutes? Since the Ph is the exact same and the temperature is as well, couldn't I just transfer them with a net (ensuring that they're not sick of course so there's no cross contamination).
It depends on the fish. I honestly don't acclimate for anything other than temperature with hardy fish like gouramis and bettas.

OP
Lucyn

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
CrazedHoosier said:
It depends on the fish. I honestly don't acclimate anything other than temperature with hardy fish like gouramis and bettas.
It's literally just a platy and a molly, I think they'll be fine considering they're known to be very hardy.

CrazedHoosier

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucyn said:
It's literally just a platy and a molly, I think they'll be fine considering they're known to be very hardy.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry much then. Now if we were talking about discus cichlids, it would be a different story.

OP
Lucyn

Lucyn

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yeah okay makes sense, fish that aren't hardy better be safe than sorry, fish that are hardy on the other hand should be fine, got it, thank you!

CrazedHoosier

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lucyn said:
Yeah okay makes sense, fish that aren't hardy better be safe then sorry, fish that are hardy on the other hand should be fine, got it, thank you!
No problem! Good luck!

New Threads