Places not so expensive to get driftwood

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Chewy if possible. They have mopani, Malaysian and grape(?) woods. Check out the reptile and bird sections as well as fish.

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
We don't have any lakes near by lol! I tried a few rivers even after they had high waters I can't find anything! I'm thinking about just going into the woods behind my house and looking we have plenty of woods lol. I saw a lot of people doing that so :)

Thank youuuu

PascalKrypt

Well Known
Reaction score
Grace4514 said:
We don't have any lakes near by lol! I tried a few rivers even after they had high waters I can't find anything! I'm thinking about just going into the woods behind my house and looking we have plenty of woods lol. I saw a lot of people doing that so :)

Thank youuuu
If you want to use a piece of wood from a forest though, it needs to be
- a safe type of wood (oak, maple and beech recommended)
- make sure to strip it of all bark
- make sure that it is completely and fully dried, and the wood has completely hardened.

It may be best to look for pieces that look like they've already broken off quite a while ago and then clean that thoroughly.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sometimes There are large pieces on EBay up for auction that you could get cheap

OP
Grace4514

Grace4514

Reaction score
I've tried that but it's sometimes hard to tell what kind it is because usually the bark is gone by the time its hardened

TWiG87 said:
Sometimes There are large pieces on EBay up for auction that you could get cheap
I'll look there thank youuu

New Threads