Pitbull Pleco!

1. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I've read that they like to be in groups.

3. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

yea I heard that I was gonna get 4 or 5 if I cant find some ill get a BN Pleco.

4. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

5. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

Thank you :D

6. wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

just to clarify, is your aquarium profile information up to date? If so, your 10G sounds pretty full; too full, imo, for a 6" BN plec.

7. I keep fish Well Known Member Member

No its not for that,I should have mentioned im getting a 20 gallon tommorow I want to put a couple of these in there with my pair of GBR and also after its cycled.

8. can haz catfishies? Member Member

I keep pitbull plecs in my 200l tank, they are quite shy but very cool little guys, they are not as good as bn plecs for cleaning up algae and they do tend to stay hidden a lot of the time, you should have a sand substrate as they tend to bury themselves if surprised, stressed or just about any reason, they also prefer to be in groups, I have a group of four and they often chill together in a fav corner often resting on top of each other, they don't really get bigger than 4 inches and you will notice they change their colour to match lighting and substrate colour too

9. eltoro Member Member

I lost two of these guys within a week of each other, I hope you have better luck if you do get them. Just couldn't get them to eat anything.