pirhana problem

dollarx2

Well I have 1 pirahana and he was acting kinda crazy. He kept swimming around the tank and bumping in to stuff. Mostly the glass. He has stopped no but he has a white spot that has just apeared. He sits by the heater now. I have the tempature at 75 degrees. Every once in a wile he will go somwere else in the tank. He is about 2 month old. I feed 5-8 live guppys a day. Is something wrong? I would enjoy some sugestions. ;D

Tom

I don't know much about pirhanas but what you are describing sounds like ich to me but I am not 100% sure. It could also be some special disease or something that only pirhanas get. Hope this helped
Tom :-\

ryannn

Sounds like the ich disease.Also,most fish have eyes that aren't good at telling distances.maybe that's why hes bumping into stuff.

atmmachine816

Ya probably ich, gradually increase the heat up to 82-83 for 15 days I think to kill it and I think it would be ok to put some salt in, though the amount it says on the box you buy it from which is from a pet store not table salt, and if you want you can buy nox-ich or at least I think that's what it's called, helps with ich a lot though stains the sealant blue so best to avoid it if possible.

Austin

Tom

Or you could try using is a product of Seachem and its called Metronidazole. It only works on bacterial diseases.It is in a cylindrical tube about 3 inches tall with a blue sticker around the outside and a brown lid. And if you have any clown loaches you should just half the dose since it can harm them. That is the treatment I use. Hope this helps.
Tom

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom