Pirate Tank Fully Stocked With Pictures

1. Bagel

Bagel New Member Member

So we finally got our 60 gallon stocked! Everyone is so excited. We got 1 albino dwarf pleco, 5 kuhlies, 3 mollies, 6 platties, 4 glow tetras, 6 neon tetras and 6 (now 5, our only loss) green tiger barbs. I will get a couple more barbs soon.

Upon stocking the mollies gave birth and we have 4 or 5 almost week old fry. The loaches do not hide and spend most of the day squiggling around the tank. One always seems to be on fry gaurd duty. The pleco has not stopped eating since we put him in. Everyone else seem happy and healthy.

Are we overstocked? The platties were a last minute change in the line up. We had planned on zebra danios. A platty is pregnant and ready to give birth any day now. Though we do have a home for the babies when they are bigger.

It's been more than a week since a water change and we are running at <.25 ammonia, 5 nitrates and 0 nitrites.

So far so good! 20180516_194545.jpg 20180516_194625.jpg 20180516_194545.jpg 20180516_194625.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Outstanding decor!
    I personally think you are understocked, IMO. You could definitely add more Kuhli Loaches.

3. OP
    OP
    Bagel

Bagel New Member Member

Yay! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! I would like to get the danios, too.

4. Fanatic

I personally wouldn't add another top/mid dwelling fish.

5. OP
    OP
    Bagel

Bagel New Member Member

:( ok. Just a couple more tiger barbs and loaches, not that that's a bad thing. I'm in love with both of them. :D

6. Dawn Michele

Dawn Michele Well Known Member Member

Looks great!!!

7. Fanatic

I personally think that the Tiger Barbs may have aggression towards the Neon Tetras, just watch for that.
    If you rehome the barbs I would boost the GloFish Tetras up to 8, and the neons up to 10. You can do this also.

12 Kuhli Loach
    8 GloFish Tetra
    10 Neon Tetra
    6 Platy
    3 Molly
    1 Bristlenose

8. NavyChief20

NavyChief20 Well Known Member Member

Though I'm not usually a fan of non-natural aquascapes, being a US Navy submariner I'm a pirate at heart and this tank looks awesome!

9. LaniKai

LaniKai Valued Member Member

Wow this is looking good! Are you going to do a centerpiece fish at all?

10. OP
    OP
    Bagel

Bagel New Member Member

Thank you! Our other option was a battleship scene, which is most likely our next choice. Maybe in a year or so.

11. OP
    OP
    Bagel

Bagel New Member Member

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments!

As of now we haven't decided on a centrepiece fish. After years of having 2 goldfish we are enjoying all the activity. Though suggestions for one would be happily accepted! I would like a beta but the barbs would not treat it well.
    So far they are good to the other fish. They are babies so the neons are actually longer than them! Since they are so small even the baby mollies chase them around, hahaha!