pirahana problem

dollarx2

Reaction score
Well i have 1 pirahana and he was acting kinda crazy. He kept swimming around the tank and bumping in to stuff. Mostly the glass. He has stopped no but he has a white spot that has just apeared. He sits by the heater now. I have the tempature at 75 degrees. Every once in a wile he will go somwere else in the tank. He is about 2 month old. I feed 5-8 live guppys a day. Is somthing wrong? I would enjoy some sugestions. ;D

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know much about pirhanas but what you are describing sounds like ich to me but I am not 100% sure. It could also be some special disease or something that only pirhanas get. Hope this helped
Tom :-\

ryannn

Reaction score
Sounds like the ich disease.Also,most fish have eyes that arent good at telling distances.maybe thats why hes bumping into stuff.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya probably ich, gradually increase the heat up to 82-83 for 15 days I think to kill it and I think it would be ok to put some salt in, though the amount it says on the box you buy it from which is from a petstore not table salt, and if you want you can buy nox-ich or at least i think that's what it's called, helps with ich a lot though stains the sealant blue so best to avoid it if possible.

Austin

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Or you could try using is a product of Seachem and its called Metronidazole. It only works on bacterial diseases.It is in a cylindrical tube about 3 inches tall with a blue sticker around the outside and a brown lid. And if you have any clown loaches you should just half the dose since it can harm them. That is the treatment I use. Hope this helps.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom