Pipework Support

gloryofthe80s
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a way of supporting pipework?

I've plumbed in the pipes underneath the tank, but the ones going to the sock are sagging slightly and even though they're glued in, I don't want them to somehow pop apart under the water pressure. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Andy

AquaPhilNJ
sorry no, anyone else? I would use flexible tubing under the tank wherever possible.

gloryofthe80s
Most of the ones I've seen are solid pipework, so I went with that.

Maybe I can just attach a clip to the underside of the cabinet and use wire to help 'suspend' it from that.

Wrench
Make a "T" brace out of 2×4 and put it under the pipe with the top part of the T running parallel with the pipe and dove tail 2 screws into the bottom part of the T to the cabinet.

gloryofthe80s
Wrench said:
Make a "T" brace out of 2×4 and put it under the pipe with the top part of the T running parallel with the pipe and dove tail 2 screws into the bottom part of the T to the cabinet.
The problem with the underside of the cabinet is that the base of the T would end up inside the sump itself - there's not really room to put a support behind the sump and angle the pipes too.

Wrench
gloryofthe80s said:
The problem with the underside of the cabinet is that the base of the T would end up inside the sump itself - there's not really room to put a support behind the sump and angle the pipes too.
Aaaahhhh, well like you said, get a hanger and make a bracket, secure the hanger to the top side? Of the stand and float the pipe off the hanger???

gloryofthe80s
Wrench said:
Aaaahhhh, well like you said, get a hanger and make a bracket, secure the hanger to the top side? Of the stand and float the pipe off the hanger???
I think that may be what I have to do in that case. I daren't drill or screw into the cabinet in case I go too far and shatter the glass! I can probably Gorilla Glue it in place or something.

Wrench
gloryofthe80s said:
I think that may be what I have to do in that case. I daren't drill or screw into the cabinet in case I go too far and shatter the glass! I can probably Gorilla Glue it in place or something.
Gorilla duct tape is awesome stuff as well

Latest threads

Top Bottom