Pinterest Pin Next To Photos?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
I just noticed today that photos have a “save” to Pinterest pin by them when scrolling. Is this new or am I a late bloomer?
 

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,678
Reaction score
4,225
Location
Your Imagination
Experience
5 years
I haven't seen it before, must be new. Or maybe...you know how a link to youtube will let you play the video on fishlore, but in a smaller box? Maybe they gave a link to pinterest and it did something similar
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
WTFish?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
I haven't seen it before, must be new. Or maybe...you know how a link to youtube will let you play the video on fishlore, but in a smaller box? Maybe they gave a link to pinterest and it did something similar
Maybe so, I was also wondering if it was just an update on my iPad, nothing to do with FL. Hmmm
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #4
OP
WTFish?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
Example
AhjGTeu.png
 

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
7,678
Reaction score
4,225
Location
Your Imagination
Experience
5 years
Hmm, doing it on my laptop too, and I'm pretty sure that example picture isn't on pinterest. Looked a few other threads really quick and I now notice that it's on most of the pictures too
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
WTFish?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
Hmm, doing it on my laptop too, and I'm pretty sure that example picture isn't on pinterest. Looked a few other threads really quick and I now notice that it's on most of the pictures too
Yeah it’s on all photos, I just used my own to show it. I don’t think they’re on Pinterest, rather asking if you’d like to save it there. Anywho, cool. Hadn’t noticed before.
 

midna

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,677
Reaction score
2,412
Location
Dallas, Texas
Experience
2 years
I just saw it too!!! it's annoying lol because I don't even use pinterest (I have the app installed though)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
WTFish?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
midna said:
I just saw it too!!! it's annoying lol because I don't even use pinterest (I have the app installed though)
I was on that bandwagon when it first came out, not much now...except for recipes, it’s great for saving those!
 

windrunner9189

Well Known
Member
Messages
703
Reaction score
462
I noticed that today, too. saw it on somebody's avatar after I opened up their profile. I was using the mobile browser though.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,530
Reaction score
4,978
Location
Fishlore
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh, never noticed that before... I don’t like it... I know when you post any online people can take it and use it for themselves. But I dislike having a Pinterest link on individual user photos, seems like encouragement for others to take your photos and such... Maybe I’m missunderstanding it, but I don’t really like this.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
WTFish?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
Platylover said:
Oh, never noticed that before... I don’t like it... I know when you post any online people can take it and use it for themselves. But I dislike having a Pinterest link on individual user photos, seems like encouragement for others to take your photos and such... Maybe I’m missunderstanding it, but I don’t really like this.
Totally agree, now you don’t have to go through the trouble to save and such to your own computer, just click and BAM all photos are public online. Oh well, I guess.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,530
Reaction score
4,978
Location
Fishlore
Experience
More than 10 years
WTFish? said:
Totally agree, now you don’t have to go through the trouble to save and such to your own computer, just click and BAM all photos are public online. Oh well, I guess.
Yeah... that’s going to discourage me a fair bit from posting photos here now. I get it’s easy enough to just save and posts or other ways, but I really dislike this. We shouldn’t be encouraging people to take others photographs without permission.
 

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
4,267
Reaction score
2,544
Location
Melbourne
Experience
More than 10 years
Pinterest saves the link of where the photo is found, so it shouldn't be much of an issue. I personally love pinterest, so I'm excited to see if this is newly implemented.
 

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,213
Reaction score
11,083
Location
Saratoga NY
Experience
More than 10 years
So now other people can save my photos or other peoples to pinterest ?. How do we benefit from this ?
I once found a picture of one of my dog on pinterest I know I never posted there ...
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #15
OP
WTFish?

WTFish?

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,629
Reaction score
3,012
Location
Arizona
Experience
More than 10 years
coralbandit said:
So now other people can save my photos or other peoples to pinterest ?. How do we benefit from this ?
I once found a picture of one of my dog on pinterest I know I never posted there ...
Yep, that’s what it’s for. That would be creepy, did you contact that person? Not that it’s illegal but still.
 

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
8,530
Reaction score
4,978
Location
Fishlore
Experience
More than 10 years
coralbandit said:
So now other people can save my photos or other peoples to pinterest ?. How do we benefit from this ?
I once found a picture of one of my dog on pinterest I know I never posted there ...
That is creepy weird... I’d be a bit freaked out. I imagine you can contact Pinterest if the person who posted it refuses to remove it. But still...

I don’t know if I can truly express how much I don’t like this lol

I love this forum and will continue to use it, but maybe minus the photographs. aside from PM’s.
 

MJohnson

Active Member
Member
Messages
284
Reaction score
48
Location
Sacramento, CA
Experience
Just started
If someone downloaded the Pinterest button at any point you can save almost any picture from any website. Guessing that has to be it. I don't have the button on my phone and I don't see that option on other people's pictures.
 

Mike

Moderator
Moderator
Member
Messages
6,936
Reaction score
2,190
Location
USA
Experience
More than 10 years
Added that earlier today. It creates a link back to the thread to try and get more eyeballs on your thread. Kinda similar to sharing a thread or page on FB or twitter.
 

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Member
Messages
15,381
Reaction score
15,204
Location
pa usa
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm stealing coralbandit and Thunder_o_b pics. Lol. Not really but it sounded good. I don't have anything to worry about. Nobody is going to steal my junky pics.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
266
Guests online
3,297
Total visitors
3,563

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom