1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Pink Spots

1. F

Fisherton New Member Member

My betta had one pink spot on his bottom fin near his stomach when I got him. There are now more spots around the first one. I have been using BettaFix for a few days but was hoping to find out what it is and if there is maybe a different medicine I should be using.
    Thanks!
    ((Also- the more I've read trying to figure out what to do for his spots, I learned plastic plants aren't good for him so we will be changing them out.))

Attached Files:

2. Caitlin86

Caitlin86 Well Known Member Member

First off can we get ur parameters, temp, tank size? Bettafix is not a good idea to use..bettas have a labyrinth organ which acts like a lung enabling them to breath air..tea tree oil/melaleuca oil in bettafix can damage the labyrinth organ

3. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

Don't start using the meds, bettafix isn't that great. Looks to me it is just his coloration. My betta has a similar "see through" spot in the same area as yours. He used to be nearly all white, then turned nearly all black/dark blue but still has a tiny bit if white on his head and then the clear spot on his anal fin.