Pink/red Filters

Rosebudie
I have a 55 gallon freshwater tank which has 14 goldfish approximately 2 inches long I have had the tank
for 1 year starting out with feeder fish now the tank is cloudy and the Aqueon water filter is PINK almost to red what is happening and how do I get a CLEAR tank again

Zigi Zig
Hello and welcome to Fishlore
Minimum tank size of 40 gallons and a 55-plus-gallon tank for two goldfish. On the other hand, Fancy goldfish can live happily in a 20-plus-gallon tank by themselves or in a 30-plus-gallon tank for a pair. You need to lower your population unless you get filter that be able to handle 14 gold fish in 55 gal to keeping bio load and water clear..

AWheeler
Do you have the readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate in the tank? How about a ph reading? What are your weekly water changes like? Are you willing to re-home some of these fish to help clear up the water? Are you aware of the nitrogen cycle?

Goldiemom
Well, first of all that is way too many goldfish in that tank.. I gave a 55G with 4 fancy goldfish and I am right at the limit. If they are commons or comets, You need a 100G tank for one full grown comet/Commons as they grow in excess of 12” at the minimum. What kind of Goldie’s do you have? I’m sure your Nitrate levels, ammonia, and nitrite are probably off the chart.

Notivation
Goldfish get HUGE and create massive amounts of toxic waste. As ZigI Zig said above, you're going to need about seven 55 gallon tanks to properly house so many goldfish. Another option would be an outdoor pond. I know they start out small, but they grow. A lot.

Zigi Zig
Goldfish get HUGE and create massive amounts of toxic waste. As ZigI Zig said above, you're going to need about seven 55 gallon tanks to properly house so many goldfish. Another option would be an outdoor pond. I know they start out small, but they grow. A lot.
Yes I agree they really do best in ponds .here is my filtration and few fish,can't wait for summer upload more pic

Notivation
Holy cats. Those are huge fish.

Goldiemom
Beautiful!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Daryl
Replies
Views
dakota
Replies