Pink Neon Glo Tetra Eating Guppies!

smitty23
thought my spotted Congo puffer was the culprit for about a week. Walked in yesterday, the thing had an inch guppy hanging out of it's mouth!!! Anyone seen this?!?!

david1978
Is it a glolight tera or a glow light tetra? Rereading the title its a glowlight tetra which are white skirt tetras. They need atleast a 20 gallon tank and a school of 6+. What fish do you have and what size tank?

CarolinaFan
david1978
Pink neon glowfish tetra. Glofish tetras are smaller with an orange line the length of them.

CarolinaFan
ok, and no, I have not seen that before to answer OP

smitty23
I should've taken a picture. It was my fahaka puffers tankmate for a year or so lol

smitty23
Tetra Fish

Looks identical to bottom right photo. My wife had it 3 years or so before we got married almost 3 years ago. Saved it from a 3 gallon tank. Lol

BottomDweller
The one that says "More poor fish injected with dye "Looking to add a new bright pet to the family? GloFish Galactic Purple"" below it?* That one's a glo fish. They are skirt tetras.

What tanksize is this?
How many of the skirt tetras/glofish do you have?

(*Glofish are actually genetically modified, not dyed but that's not the point)

smitty23
I know what they are, and how they've done to these fish. I do my research. It's been in a 135gal with my 7-8inch fahaka. Currently it's in a 30. I wouldn't dare buy one of these fish. I stated I basically inherited it's well being from my wife.

TexasDomer
There is nothing wrong with buying the GMO fish, in my opinion.

I wonder if the guppy was dead/dying? It seems unusual for one to outright attack and eat a guppy - though if he's the only one of his species, he could be extremely stressed, which would make him aggressive.

I wouldn't rule out your puffer for the other guppies though.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
eusadnama
Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
UglyAsian
Top Bottom