Pink Kissing Gourami

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
They’re algae and filter feeders. Flake foods are best. I recommend veggie or spirulina flakes. Avoid pellets.

If I had one, I’d grow algae in the tank for it to naturally graze on, as well.

Be aware they can be a long time commitment as they’re long lived.

Colt Frost

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
And they need a 55 gallon minimum (only if it grows to only be 8 inches). If it grows bigger than that they need a 65-75.

Alisa12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok. Thank you! Do you know by chance how long it'll take for him to grow to 8 inches?

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
aside from huge size, the "kissing" behavior is actually a sign of aggression. Choose tankmates wisely

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That's why I said if it grows bigger than 8 inches it will need a bigger tank lol
Agree, but consider this: if a pink kisser grows to less then 8 inches it's because it has been stunted. Fish get stunted due to being improperly kept. Usually it's caused by too small of a tank. Stunting also causes a shortened lifespan.

I love long lived fish. It really is rewarding to get a fish as a juvenile. Starting out at an inch, then 10 years later it's 10 inches. What size tank is OP planning to put this fish in?

Alisa12345

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Agree, but consider this: if a pink kisser grows to less then 8 inches it's because it has been stunted. Fish get stunted due to being improperly kept. Usually it's caused by too small of a tank. Stunting also causes a shortened lifespan.

I love long lived fish. It really is rewarding to get a fish as a juvenile. Starting out at an inch, then 10 years later it's 10 inches. What size tank is OP planning to put this fish in?
Once he gets too big I'll ask my friend if she can put him in her aunts 200 gallon heated pond

Punkin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I had a pink kissing gourami for about 10 years. Loved him/her. It was before I knew about fishkeeping, so unfortunately was not in the right size tank (29 gallon), and I know that now. But it was a really nice fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom