Pink Flamingo guppy fry!

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Forum rules~~You must have at least 50 posts to participate in the BSTF forums!

Let's try this again! This RAOK is for fry from my guppy tank. In the tank I have 2 males and 4 females of the "Pink Flamingo" variety. One of the males is pink (with light blue coloring along his sides), the other male is more red than pink but looks the same otherwise. They do not have the big fancy tails, their tails are either spade or round---I can't tell! I also have 1 pair of blue grass fantail guppies in the tank and some of the babies are from this female. Most of the babies you will receive are the pink flamingo. Since I have both types (spade/round tail and fantail) and colors (pink flamingo/blue grass) in my tank, it is possible that some of the babies are a mix of the two.

I am unable to sex them at this point, they are too young. I have not had any illnesses in my tank, so they should be healthy babies.

Please respond only if you want young, un-sexed, guppy fry.

They range in age from 0 (newborns found in the tank yesterday!) to 4 weeks. Most are 2-3 weeks old.

What you need to do:
1) Add your name to the list (including # of fry wanted)
2) Send me your zip code so I can figure shipping
3) Pay shipping via paypal or postal money order (I can send you my mailing address if you want to send a money order)
4) Receive baby guppies!

Some pics of the parents:
DSC02717 (1024x752).jpg DSC02734 (1024x768).jpg
DSC02448 (800x593).jpg DSC02450 (800x579).jpg
DSC02457 (800x589).jpg DSC02458 (800x599).jpg
DSC02459 (800x599).jpg DSC02460 (800x596).jpg
DSC02462 (800x599).jpg DSC02463 (800x599).jpg

Please start a list below with your name and # of guppies wanted. No limit, but be reasonable. I think I have 40-50 right now but there could be more.

Remember, this is for un-sexed fry ranging from 1/4" to 1/2" in length.

meagen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I WANT THEM but I already have to many males. If you still have then when they are old enough to be sexed I will tank 5 or more.

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I took several newborns from the tank yesterday and there are more again today. Doesn't anyone want some guppy babies? I'll remove the limit, do with them what you will...just don't tell me what you plan to do!

Yeoy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
They might be too young to ship at that stage anyway? Stress and what/not?

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Newborns probably would but I've shipped a couple sets of 1-2 week olds and they did fine.

mizz_pyro

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i will talk to my mom and see if she wants some more guppies for her tank. if she says yes ill pm you

winglessicarus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm not in the position for any new guppies yet as I'm leaving and wouldn't be here to receive the mail, but I'm definitely interested - glad you mentioned this thread.

My zip code is 02027 for shipping, when I get back from my trip and have a better idea of my tank set up (and how many I'll want) I'll be in touch.

meagen

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
do you still have them? I really want some.

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I do still have some but most of them are too young to sex. There are a few older ones (that are obviously male), but I'll look and see if I can tell what they are...and if I can catch them

iloveengl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sending PM.

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I still have at least 30 babies that are 1 week old or older. The females (adults) are starting to look like they'll explode again soon, so it won't be long before I have even more!

winglessicarus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you keep count of your fry? I put 85 in a tank and by the time they were old enough to sex and move into the adult tanks I had closer to 30.

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't, I just look in there and guess at how many there are. I've never found any dead ones in the baby tank, but there are snails and shrimp in there too.

The last time I looked I thought this order today (20+) would clean me out, but I took out nearly 30 and there are at least that many more in there. The mamas are getting ready to drop again....sigh...

winglessicarus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I only counted mine because their moms had anchor worms so I inspected each individual fry for worms before moving them to the new tank (apparently they were too small to make proper hosts). Now that they're old enough to sex they were removed from the 30 gallon fry tank into the 20/10 gallon adult tanks and there's just no way there's 80 still... Plus if the gender ratio is any indication I lost mostly males, but who even knows.

I know it's off topic, but I found it odd so I thought I'd ask if you were keeping a tally...

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
One of the mamas dropped some more babies yesterday...the cycle continues...

winglessicarus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just in time for them to be a few weeks old when I get home

mrericshields

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
If you can sex them, I would take 1 or 2 females.

shelleyd2008

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have several going out this week. I'm closing this thread so I can get a head-count on babies. Thanks.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom