Pineconning Guppy??

Blueberrybetta

My female guppy is acting off . She is laying on the bottom of the tank or staying in the corner onto of the suction cups (pic) . She is breathing really fast as well (normal?) Her stomach looks like pineconing, the scales are raising but it's just of the bottom of her stomach , can't see pineconing from the sides or from the top of her . Is it pineconing ? She had babies twice so is she just pregnant again? Her gravid spot isn't black but shes big as if shes pregnant, maybe bloated.

Can someone help? Is she just pregnant again or does she have pineconing or dropsy? Please help .

15gal, 7guppy school tanks , amazon swords

Attachments

• 20190909_175629.jpg
    20190909_175629.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 58

Crimson_687

The best way to tell if a fish is pineconing is to look at them from above. When they are at top/mid level in your tank, lift your hood and look at them from above

Blueberrybetta

The best way to tell if a fish is pineconing is to look at them from above. When they are at top/mid level in your tank, lift your hood and look at them from above

I don't see any raised scales from looking above , I only see them on the very bottom of her stomach . Does pineconing happen in pregnant guppies because shes been having fry alot

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Nobote
Replies
Views
sellidionne
  • Question
5 Gallon Tank Is my betta Pineconing?!
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon