PIMAFIX and Clove Oil

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Lucy said:
He's teasing my typo. lol
Actually, I hadn't been teasing. I really wasn't sure that danios weren't labyrinth fish when you said that (though I did look it up a moment after I posted).

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
sirdarksol said:
Actually, I hadn't been teasing. I really wasn't sure that danios weren't labyrinth fish when you said that (though I did look it up a moment after I posted).
Geez, well see how much trouble a left out word can cause.
I had Robin worried and you googling

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
dendovne said:
i am just curious if anyone can provide a link that tells you pimafix has clove oil in or not because in the MSDS Sheet, it does not contain anything about clove oil in it, and to be honest with you, I do know enough to trust MSDS Sheets seeing I am a construction worker and work with a lot of different kinds of materials and chemicals... So please provide me a link to show me that it contains clove oil otherwise it is all hearsay, he said...she said drama.
If you read the MSDS for Pimafix, you'll notice that there is a gap of somewhere around 39% in the ingredients. They only list the bay oil and the water.

I've contacted API, and we'll get this squared away.
One thing I do have to say about this is that the amount of clove oil we use to euthanize fish is greater than the amount of Pimafix we use to dose a tank. Since water makes up the majority of Pimafix, the amount of clove oil (if there is any in the product) that would get into the tank is minuscule in comparison. Clove oil is simply an anesthetic. It's only at extremely high concentration that it causes unconsciousness.

Robin4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay.... lol.... thanks for the info!!!

Robin

dendovne

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
sirdarksol said:
If you read the MSDS for Pimafix, you'll notice that there is a gap of somewhere around 39% in the ingredients. They only list the bay oil and the water.

I've contacted API, and we'll get this squared away.
One thing I do have to say about this is that the amount of clove oil we use to euthanize fish is greater than the amount of Pimafix we use to dose a tank. Since water makes up the majority of Pimafix, the amount of clove oil (if there is any in the product) that would get into the tank is minuscule in comparison. Clove oil is simply an anesthetic. It's only at extremely high concentration that it causes unconsciousness.
i was wondering if you have been able to get a hold of them yet or not? also they list bay oil, water, and other non hazadous materials and the msds on clove oil would be considered hazardous and not in the water part...but if you contact them it should resolve all issues...

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads