Pierced Oscars

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Someone posted this on another board. I guess it's not just dyed fish we have to worry about anymore:

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All I can say is, What are they gonna think of next.
Carol

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thats sad. I saw no dyed fish at the store today

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm at work right now, but I HAVE TO respond to this thread. I know it may sound like I am a very mean person, and if I am in this case - I honestly don't care, but I DO sincerely hope that the person who did this to those poor Oscars will suffer as much as the Oscars suffered when he/she was hurting them. I cannot believe people are such monsters. There are no worse monsters on this planet than PEOPLE. That's right. I wish this idiot was arrested and sentenced to live the rest of his/her life in a tiny cell in jail. I really do!

I can't look at this video, it makes me cry :'(

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Isababella I agree with ou 100%. This is cruelty to animals. What will be next? Piercing the fishes nose or eye!!!!!!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Isabella said:
I'm at work right now, but I HAVE TO respond to this thread. I know it may sound like I am a very mean person, and if I am in this case - I honestly don't care, but I DO sincerely hope that the person who did this to those poor Oscars will suffer as much as the Oscars suffered when he/she was hurting them. I cannot believe people are such monsters. There are no worse monsters on this planet than PEOPLE. That's right. I wish this idiot was arrested and sentenced to live the rest of his/her life in a tiny cell in jail. I really do!

I can't look at this video, it makes me cry :'(
But the person could have put the fish under with some drugs and did the piercing then. But it is still very horrible.
Tom

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! I'd never seen such a thing.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think we're looking at home videos of a future inmate at a state pen. (if he gets caught).. for someone to 1) think this is cool and 2) do inflict this suffering on pet fish and 3) be proud of it -- they are a dangerous individual to society and sociopaths often start out this way and move on to people.

nicole

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bonochick said:
Oh my gosh! I'd never seen such a thing.
Me either!!!

nicole

Valued Member
Reaction score
OMG,sorry everyone but I wished I hadn't watched that,I cant stop thinking about it,How did they do that!!!!Just because they are into body peircing doesn't mean there fish have to be the same...there is one word but I can't mention it here.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i think sociopaths and other sickos get their jollies from animal cruelty before moving on to people.

Fish Fry

Reaction score
If those are real piercings than i hope that those people burn to death. But we could always hope that those are magnetic jewlery and were used to make that video (not that magnets are good for fish but better than a punched hole in the mouth). This bring us back to the crullty of mankind. So we can sit here and complain to each other, try to keep our local fish stores free of these monstrosities, OR we can band together write letters get active and have the laws changed.

Carillon

Valued Member
Reaction score
FLBettaCouple said:
i think sociopaths and other sickos get their jollies from animal cruelty before moving on to people.
Yep. Quite a well known fact. Here's an article by a PhD saying as much, too. A passage from the article, on a report by a couple of sociologists and an SPCA worker on the link between animal cruelty and violence against humans:

"Their findings were convincing: men who abused animals were five times more likely to have been arrested for violence against humans, four times more likely to have committed property crimes, and three times more likely to have records for drug and disorderly conduct offenses."

Another quote:

"In a number of studies ? one national and the others statewide ? 71 to 83% of the women entering domestic violence shelters reported that their partners also abused or killed the family pet."

I'd say the evidence is in. These guys are seriously disturbed to be doing this to a fish. If they feel the need to stick pieces of metal through flesh, they should stick to their own flesh.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I think that to be able to perform animal cruelty, and to a certain extent, conscious neglect, you need to be deficient in your ability to empathise. I reckon that psychological trait is huuuugely present in criminals who don't think of how their victims will feel.

nicole

Valued Member
Reaction score
I think they are all A******s......and can't say anything else.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
how sad a person is when they can't feel for others.. it's hard for us here at fishlore to understand the empty heart of a person who can do that when we pass a sad-looking fish and want to take her/him home to care for and nurse back to full health. those who can't feel for others don't belong in a civlized society. how can a person be like that? we don't understand it. :'(

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
There are so many screwed up people in our society...the sad part is that helpless fish have to suffer for it.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
0morrokh said:
There are so many screwed up people in our society...the sad part is that helpless fish have to suffer for it.
yea, along with other animals and innocent people like kids, etc.. we've made ourselves a great society..

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
0morrokh said:
yea, along with other animals and innocent people like kids, etc.. we've made ourselves a great society..
Yeah and people wonder why I'm so un-patriotic.......

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i wish i could go to that persons house a personally push their lights out ( i no no need for violence but in this case ) poor osacars and i saw 2 severums i hope they weren't pierced coz if they were mtherer 2 of my favourite fish

Peace Out Callum!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom