Piece keeps falling off output

• Thread starter Ghelfaire
  • Start date

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Ive had this tank set up for a little over a year. This week the price at the end of the output keeps falling off (always when I'm not home too).
The first time it happened I made sure to clean it off really well to see if algae was the culprit. That didn't help.
Should I just buy a new piece or is there a way to fix it?

Attachments

richiep

Fishlore VIP
If its like one of mine i had to cut it but first do a little test pull the white rubber off the plastic outlet and see if it fits the black outlet pipe if it dose you end up cutting the white rubber in half, this is the tricky part as you only have about ½" to play with, I've got this to work but it's finicky

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Thanks, I'll try it. It stayed on today funnily enough.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
You could try putting a rubber sleeve over the black pipe but it would be a right potch, I hope it stays on . Another thought without cutting slide the white rubber off the plastic a bit just enough so the black pipe can find a bit of hold

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Probably a dumb question but is waterproof tape aquarium safe?

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Not sure! you could try aquarium sealant

RayClem

Ghelfaire said:
Probably a dumb question but is waterproof tape aquarium safe?
You do not want to use anything that does not fully cure. Pressure sensitive adhesives or tapes have plasticizers that could be harmful. Clear silicone sealant rated for aquarium use (no color, no mildewcides or other additives) takes 24 hours to cure, but once cured is safe. Clear/translucent hot melt craft glue is a plastic that is aquarium safe once it hardens.

Ghelfaire

Well Known
Thanks

Top Bottom