Pictus Steals All The Food

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by jon45, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jon45New MemberMember

hi guys im just wondering how i can fix this problem. my pictus catfish eats all the sinking wafers before the other fish have a chance. i could try handfeeding but when i walk to the tank my featherfin runs away. what to do?

2. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

Is there anyway to drop some on either side of the tank? Or even drop some right in front of the pictus so that he's busy then feed the other guy.

I had the same issue with a goldfish eating all the pellets. I now have a very strict feeding order. A single pellet hand fed to the goldfish to keep piggy occupied. Then flakes for the gourmi and the guppies, then pellets for the loaches in one side of the tank and then the rest of the larger pellets on the other side of the tank for the goldfish. Any either order and somebody doesn't get food. :D

3. jon45New MemberMember

Yeah but my pictus can swallow a hikari wafer whole so runs frantically around the tank like a vacuum cleaner. I will just hand feed the featherfin till it grows and then it is fair game

4. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

Good grief. How big is he? Get bigger pellets...? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice