Pictus Catfish

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I plan on getting some Pitcus Catfish, they should do well in a cichild tank, best be in groups though.

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Fashooga said:
I plan on getting some Pitcus Catfish, they should do well in a cichild tank, best be in groups though.
They are really fun to watch swim around, just worried about him being by his self, do you think three will be enough?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is this for the 54g? It should be, but it depends on who else is in the tank as well.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Depends on the cichlids.

What's the tank size and stocking (specific species and numbers)?

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's a 54 gallon tank, I have 8 African cichlids, they will grow to be about five inches, and I do plan on overstocking just a little too keep down on aggression

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Pictus catfish are Amazonian, so i am unsure how well they would do with the same water quality as African cichlids.

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TexasDomer said:
What species of cichlids? And what are the dimensions of the tank?
Not sure what species they are, I just got a mixture of Africans that the pet store said would go good together, and they don't mess with the catfish I already have in there. The dimensions are 39L x 27w x 23 h

matt 63 said:
Not sure what species they are, I just got a mixture of Africans that the pet store said would go good together, and they don't mess with the catfish I already have in there. The dimensions are 39L x 27w x 23 h
How many pictus catfish should I get for my tank?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
That's an odd sized tank. Normally we don't recommend pictus for tanks less than 4 ft long, as they're very active.

matt 63

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TexasDomer said:
That's an odd sized tank. Normally we don't recommend pictus for tanks less than 4 ft long, as they're very active.
Ok it's a bow front corner tank, that's why it's odd, should I get him out then and give him to a pet store?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom