Pictus catfish hiding

Batmantheanglefish
So I have a 75 gallon with pictus cats, angels, and Discus. He has always been hiding in this pineapple house (which I hate with a passion) that was supposed to be a temporary decor until I got live plants to put in place of it. He eats normal and acts normal and swims out every now and then when I come to the tank but other than that he hides. Is there anyway to get him to stop hiding in it so I can take out the pineapple? I don’t want to take it out because he hides in it and don’t want to make him scared.

Broggy
they are mostly nocturnal. like bristle nose plecos, you might see them for a few hours, but they are active at night.

my pleco loved this one castle decoration, and when I took it out he just got creative. as long as you have plants or some kind of hardscape, it will be fine without the pineapple.

Batmantheanglefish
ok! That’s why he’s always out when the lights off. I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the help!
Edit: I actually have a question. Can I take out the awful pineapple house?
Ok thanks!

Broggy
I'd say you can take it out, it might be pouty and hide behind the heater lol, but im positive it will find somewhere, or burrow somewhere like my pleco did.

fallfever
For goodness sakes take the pineapple out I find they prefer a cave/driftwood like structure to get under to feel secure. I have kept them...still do...as a group and as a single, and they are much more active when they are a shoal and quite competitive with one another. Singly, they are less likely to be seen but do just fine. That's just the nature of the fish. My single would come out at feeding time, especially when blood worms were involved.

Batmantheanglefish
Ok great! I’m taking it out FINNALY!! I’m going to put a large driftwood piece with some live plants on it for him instead. I might build a small cave out of extra rocks I have for him also.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom