Pictus Behavior/ Size

Kwaters20

I’ve had one pictus now for about 5 weeks. He/she seemed lonely so we got another one about 2 weeks ago. They interacted well and were swimming together fine. About a week ago though, my older pictus cat started hiding in a cave and will not come out, he must come out at night to eat. He/she is also HUGE. It’s not the little marble belly they get when they eat too much. The whole body seems large/swollen. He/she won’t come out for me to really look at or see. But if the other pictus cat goes by him he is like double the width of him. (I don’t know their sexes) is this normal, I know pregnancy can be rare but do you think it could be pregnant? I’m not sure what else could be going on. I thought getting another pictus cat would be good for him, maybe he doesn’t like the other one?
Tank size is 75g and water parameters are normal. Only other fish are 2 angels, bunch of Corys

AlyeskaGirl

Sounds like he/she may be bloated? What are you feeding?

Pictus cats should be kept in a small group of at least 3-4 from my experience as they are social.

Kwaters20

I feel a mix of the sinking wafers and regular catfish pellets for the catfish. And then for the other fish a mix of regular flakes, some blood worms or brine shrimp (not every day) they will get some of that or the other. What do you recommend?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Batmantheanglefish
Replies
Views
Lenah
Replies
Views
Lakefish
Replies