Pictures/Video of my 20 gallon High Planted Tank

cjwil

Good morning Fishlorians!
My tank is finally starting to get to where I want it and I wanted to share some pictures and a little video with you all. I recently added a lot to my tank and pretty much got a complete makeover. There are still a bunch of things I want to add but it's getting there slowly but surely

IMG_7126.jpg

There's currently 7 Pygmy Corydoras, 4 Ember Tetras, 1 Celestial Pearl Danios (he's getting 7 more buddies this weekend hopefully,) 2 Mystery Snails, 2 Nerite, about 15 Red Cherry Shrimp and a bunch of different plants and moss.

IMG_7142.jpg

I can't get the aquascaping right... Still working on that so let me know if you have suggestions

IMG_7127.jpg

The Dwarf Sag is my most recent plant addition. I am experience a little bit of die back from the transition but I am also getting new growth and I've seen it releasing oxygen bubbles a few times now so I am hopeful that it will take off in my tank! You can also see a few of the Embers in this picture.

IMG_7128.jpg

IMG_7130.jpg

You can't say these little Pygmy Corys aren't adorable.

IMG_7141.jpg

Here's five of the seven hanging out together. They love relaxing on top of the smooth flat surface of this big rock.

And here is a little timelapse video of feeding time this morning. They are enjoying a mix of Daphnia and chopped Bloodworms and loving it.

Anders247

Looks great!

cjwil

Thanks Anders!

Junne

Looks great! Maybe a Black background to make the colors "pop" out more????? or even a sky blue color??

dmccormick91

You tank is looking good. Where do I find those little guys. I just fell in love!

cjwil

Looks great! Maybe a Black background to make the colors "pop" out more????? or even a sky blue color??
I actually really want a black background! Funny you say that!

You tank is looking good. Where do I find those little guys. I just fell in love!
Aren't they great? I requested my LFS order them for me and ever since they have been keeping them in stock so they must be selling well for them there.

dmccormick91

I actually really want a black background! Funny you say that!

Aren't they great? I requested my LFS order them for me and ever since they have been keeping them in stock so they must be selling well for them there.

I will be going to my LFS today and see if they can get me a nice school of them.

Junne

I've been wanting those cories as well. Every time I go to the lfs, they only have like 2 or 3 of them and I want to get at least 6-10 at a time. Last time I was there, they had only 4 albino ones so I grabbed those and haven't seen any more since.

Yes, a dark colored background would look great!

cjwil

I will be going to my LFS today and see if they can get me a nice school of them.
They are awesome fish, I always do a lot of research before I decide on fish to add to my tank but one mistake I made months ago was to do with food. I bought the sinking wafers that are "ideal for bottom feeders" and they wanted nothing to do with them and they never went for flake food that made it to the bottom. Frozen live food they love though! They go crazy for Daphnia and cut up Bloodworms.

I've been wanting those cories as well. Every time I go to the lfs, they only have like 2 or 3 of them and I want to get at least 6-10 at a time. Last time I was there, they had only 4 albino ones so I grabbed those and haven't seen any more since.

Yes, a dark colored background would look great!
Yeah I have always ready a school of at least six, so that's what I got but unfortunately I lost two of these buggers, so I decided to just get three more and now I have seven. Do you happen to have a black background? I don't know what to use.

Junne

Yeah I have always ready a school of at least six, so that's what I got but unfortunately I lost two of these buggers, so I decided to just get three more and now I have seven. Do you happen to have a black background? I don't know what to use.

I had a black background in my 36 gallon and now I have a blue background that has some rocks in it for my 72 gallon.
Can't tell if you can see these or not.

I went to my lfs to buy the bulk roll of the black film for the background. It was like $1.99 a foot or something and you can use special adhesive to put it on.

For the one in my 72 gallon tank now, I bought it off of Amazon - can't remember the company name though

DSC_0021 - Copy.jpg

cjwil

I had a black background in my 36 gallon and now I have a blue background that has some rocks in it for my 72 gallon.
Can't tell if you can see these or not.

I went to my lfs to buy the bulk roll of the black film for the background. It was like $1.99 a foot or something and you can use special adhesive to put it on.

For the one in my 72 gallon tank now, I bought it off of Amazon - can't remember the company name though

DSC_0021 - Copy.jpg

I'll have to check it out at my lfs! Thanks

Gena

I second the background idea! Although I'm more fond of the dark blue background because I think it looks more natural. Petco sells a kind that is black on one side and dark blue on the other.

Your corries are so flipping cute!

cjwil

I second the background idea! Although I'm more fond of the dark blue background because I think it looks more natural. Petco sells a kind that is black on one side and dark blue on the other.

Your corries are so flipping cute!

Thanks a lot Yeah I love my little Cory Cats!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
James17
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
Replies
Views
live4wetsleeves
Replies
Views