Pictures of some of the newer tanks

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
These are very preliminary and not that good but I thought I would give you an idea of how things are progressing.

So far I am medicating Nate and his tankmates for fin rot. Alexander adores the new tank and all the room and is more active than I have ever seen him. Blaze is over the fin rot he had and is doing well in the new tank but seems not to want to come out of the back area. I do not know what his problem is...he is pure betta and half piggy at mealtime. The rest of the fish are doing well and seem to be liking their new quarters. The new tank for JT and the other betta, when it comes, is not here yet as it was backordered and I had to find a new source for it. The hood and rest of the equipment are here but the tank is not....

Well here are the pix, such as they are.

Rose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They look very nice Rose. You did a good job putting them together.

I'm sure Blaze will come around. He's probably just a little confused as to why he was moved into a different tank.

I can't wait to see the new fish. So much for not getting anymore fish for awhile, huh?

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
8) I love your tanks Rose. I'm sure all your bettas love them too.

Too bad that you have to wait for the tank for JT and your other betta.

CherryRose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Love the tanks. That top picture of Dinky is really cute. Can't wait to see pics of all the new fishies and the tank for JT and the new one--hopefully you can get the tank soon. And hope Nate gets over his finrot soon.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow, where'd you all of a sudden get 12 gallons and a 25?

Very nice looking, though two suggestions if I may, background for last tank along with a few more plants when you get the chance if you don't know that already, just my opinion.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes the tank will be having a background. I just did not have the money for everything at once and was not sure what I wanted there.

Plants are coming but I have to replace Alex's log too. He is super peeved over not having it anymore.

I just won't be able to do any more work on the tanks for a couple days and hopefully by then the new tank will be heard from.

I started to replace the tanks at the first of the year and have had good friends who helped me get it done. I just wanted more fish and then I am getting a Zebra Pleco from a friend for Valentines Day and I needed the room for it. It is probably going to take me a couple of months to get everything the way I want it but I wanted to get the fish into the new tanks ASAP. I am still not sure how to top off the tank to keep the divided tank completely seperated as I have not seen the tank part to know how it will all fit together. The Eclipse 2 is here but the tank from SeaClear is on backorder. Poor JT is sitting on the den floor in his tank and waiting to have a new home.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

Rose

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow a zebra pleco, you should breed those! How big is his/her tank going to be?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am only getting one and he/she will be going into the 12 gallon with Alexander and the 2 otos.

Rose

Silverliningq

Reaction score
Nice tanks Rose They will love em

lisab53

Reaction score
Love the tanks Rose. I like seeing live plants in a tank and after reading a little at the "Plant Geek" website I am going to try a few of the plants suggested for beginners and only needing low light. I'm sure all the gill kids are loving their new digs.

Lisa

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
how big do zebra plecos get? they sound interesting....stripy i assume by the name?! never seen one thats all! any chance of including him on any pictures? love the betta pics. their tanks look fab.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Like most plecos, driftwood, places to hide, veggies, and excellent filtration and regular gravel vacs are the key to keeping them tan.b

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
atmmachine said:
Like most plecos, driftwood, places to hide, veggies, and excellent filtration and regular gravel vacs are the key to keeping them tan.b
wow!!! - i want one!!!!!!!!! ;D i've never seen one in real life!!! will ask mr pet shop man next time i'm in (going there on wed to get more fish anyway) if he can hold of any!.....need to see if it'd fit in my tank first!!! off to do some research!!!!!!!!!
tan

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom