Pictures of 60 gallon Hexagon Aquarium I set up about a week ago!

1. EmmanuelJB Member Member

These aren't the best pics but...

481.jpg

482.jpg

483.jpg

What do you think??

2. EmmanuelJB Member Member

Click on the pics to see what they actually look like because it squished the pics all up.

3. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

I love it! Any thoughts on what you're stocking it with after it cycles?

4. Shadowbeam Member Member

I really like the centre piece ^^ looks lovely :) Can't wait to see some fish in there!

5. EmmanuelJB Member Member

These are the fish I am looking at getting for it-
    4 Angel Fish
    8 Rummy Nose Tetras
    6 Congo Tetras
    5 Cory Cats
    1 Rubber Pleco
    2 Platys
    Possibly 6 Zebra Danios
    3-7 Female Bettas

6. Shadowbeam Member Member

What a nice high tank for Angels :) Iv'e heard Platies prefer to be kept in groups of about 3 even though they don't school, but could be wrong! I only have 2 atm and they seem happy enough ^^

7. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Your tank looks great! Excellent job. :)

I do have some concerns about your stock list though.
    First of all, limit yourself to a pair of angels, or just a single angel. The footprint of your tank won't allow for 4 angels IMHO.
    Rummynose tetras are a great choice for your tank. Go with that for sure- they are gorgeous when they color up and very tight schoolers as well.
    Skip the Congo tetras IMO. They are beautiful fish but need more horizontal swimming room than the footprint of your tank will allow. If you are looking for larger, showy tetras, consider Emperor tetras.
    Cory cats will be great for your tank, excellent choice.
    Same for rubberlip pleco, it will be an awesome addition.
    Platies are easy to keep and can provide your angel(s) with free live food. If you want them to breed, I suggest 1M/3F.
    The zebra danios are up to you; you could do that or up your school of tetras. Your choice.
    Female bettas- it appears you're trying for a betta sorority in your tank. This may or may not work. Many members here have tried, had success for a while, and then all of a sudden a girl goes nuts and it's over. If you choose to try a sorority (ill advised IMO with angelfish), please have a backup plan in place, should things head south.

8. EmmanuelJB Member Member

Harpua, Thankyou soooo much, your comment was very helpfull! I was kinda trying to combine a sorority with a community tank. I have a quarntine I could seperate some if it didn't work out.... I do have some questions about the bettas though, Alot of people are saying that the more female bettas the better how many do you recemond? Also do I have to add all of the females at the same time? Thanks Again!

9. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Emanuel. Fantastic looking tank! :;perfect Thanks so much for sharing with us. I'll be looking forward to your updates.
    Ken

10. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

wow I just got a tank like this!!!!!!!!!
    love them...and yours looks great!

I also wouldnt go for more than 2 angels..unless you get all the same sex males...same sex fems will still pair up and be nasty with the outsiders......and bettas like tanks that arent tall..they need the air surface to breath...this would be way too much on any betta....female sorority tanks most always end in disaster as girls are just are mean as the boys..if not more so because people attempt to put them together...

11. mr.fishy Member Member

i really like the tank. big hex tanks look nice

12. Betafish305ca Member Member

looks great