Pictures from start to finish 55 Gallon Tank 

Donnerjay

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you for sharing your fish with us! I must say, I never would have considered gold barbs. Yours look great in a large school in a good-sized tank, and the angels look a different kind of "great" in their own "school." Most complementary and eclectic! But, ahem, umm, don't you have another species in that tank? I'd love to see their mug shots!

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lol! Yeah, I've been hung up on my angels lately. I'll get some of the other species of critters in there soon.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Matt B said:
Lol! Yeah, I've been hung up on my angels lately. I'll get some of the other species of critters in there soon.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
What else have you got in the tank?

I've still got you in my diary for that full tank shot

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
There's angels(6), gold barbs(9), sterbai cories(8), albino bn pleco (2), a million ghost shrimp and mts and otos. Eventually there'll be some bolivian rams too, maybe another schooler and obviously some of the angels will need to go. I'll get one!

LyleB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey Matt,

Love this thread. Hadn't been following it, but will now. Like watching this tank come together, and plenty of ideas to utilize in the future.

Your tank looks amazing so far, hope you don't mind folks following your lead. Bet there will be a bunch of us.

Looking forward to future photos.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm glad you're enjoying it and thank you for the compliment Lyle! I don't mind in the least if people get inspiration from my ideas, thats why I put them up here, so have at it. If you want more info on anything or how I put something together feel free to ask.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Non-angel Pictures including new fts!
I know I've been neglecting in the picture department my other species in the tank so here are a few of them, also, a new fts, I'll do another when I plant my carpet in a couple weeks.

Fts:

Sterbai pictures and an oto:

Albino Bn plecos and some shrimp:

They LOVE lemon cucumber

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yay new fts beautiful tank Matt I do love your caves and tree

Beautiful fish too Matt excellent job

joshthefisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Tank looks awesome, can't wait too setup my 55 gallon again....

AmazonPassion

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your tank looks awesome Matt!!!

kingbabar

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Amazing tank. I really like how it's terraced.

And the sterbai look great!

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks all. ;D Sterbai's have always been my favorite cory it was a no brainer for me they would be in here.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
A couple of new additions:

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Tiger nerites yay I love mine although have only got one now I lost dot yesterday. Watch out for escape attempts lol

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sorry you lost one. Thank you for the heads up, I didn't know that about them. I will try to keep my tank as inviting as possible and make them homebodies. Lord knows they have plenty to eat, I'm in the middle of getting my lighting schedule sorted out.

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello Matt thank you I think she was older than I thought although I haven't seen flash for a couple of days but that's normal with that little monkey and my plant is pretty well planted too many hiding places .

Nerites do like to hang out at the edge of the water line and are very good at finding ways out.
Mine are in fluval edges so thankfully no way out although the blood tiger ones in the other edge do try to make their way into the filter sometimes.

They will love the caves you have in your tank don't be surprised or worried if you don't see them for a day or two

TracyB

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is one beautiful tank! I love seeing others ideas!

Donnerjay

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you for the pictures. It is truly one of the most enjoyable aspects of FishLore to see each other's tanks.

Matt B

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
@ Sarah: i was keeping a close eye on one of them, he was cruising steadily towards the top, he got allthe way to the waterline and turned and went back down, round trip: 4 hours.

Thanks TracyB! I agree Donnerjay, I love sharing ideas and gleaning a few from others now and then.

The nerites have begun working, here's a picture of one:

Magoo

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Matt B said:
@ Sarah: i was keeping a close eye on one of them, he was cruising steadily towards the top, he got allthe way to the waterline and turned and went back down, round trip: 4 hours.

Thanks TracyB! I agree Donnerjay, I love sharing ideas and gleaning a few from others now and then.

The nerites have begun working, here's a picture of one:
Lol sounds like he was having a little explore

One of my apple snails was found in my filter yesterday when I got back from work luckily I found him or possibly her straight away as my filter was rattling and it usually doesn't and low and behold there was bing I fished him out told him off and back in the tank he went. Half an hour later I saw a yellow bottom just above the water line at the back.

Normally it's bazz and inga that try to get in the filter maybe bing had been watching them and fancied an adventure

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom