Pictures from my Backyard excursion

Wolfgang8810
decided to walk around my back yard and here are some pictures I took of the wild life. Hope you enjoy!

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg

221.jpg

222.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

capekate
WOW beautiful photos wolfgang! ;D I was shocked to see the alligator in your back yard Was he getting ready to stalk those herons? YIKES!
Thanks so much for sharing... loved the photo of the bullfrog and what was that flying in the sky? I'm not familier with Florida fauna...
BUT ooooo how I would love to be in Florida right now!! heheh.... ;D

~ kate
EDIT a BULLFROG? ... had to look again with my glasses on. lol, that was an alligator looking straight on. jeesh....

mlinden84
Very nice! Looks warm too!
As much as I'd love to live somewhere south where it was warmer, I know I'd miss the snow. Plus there's always a chance to get warm weather in winter in Iowa, today is 65!

Butterfly
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing
Carol

nmwierman1977
Nice pics. Sure hope you weren't that close to that alligator and you just gave a really good camera with a good zoom on it. LOL. Natalie

Wolfgang8810
its about 68 degrees but it feels much warmer with the sun. The thing flying is probably a vulture.

Wolfgang8810
Nice pics. Sure hope you weren't that close to that alligator and you just gave a really good camera with a good zoom on it. LOL. Natalie

I got within 20 yards of it. but I have a nikon D40X with a 55-200 zoom so that helped too

Jacko
Nice! I always wanted a pet alligator, JEALOUS!

I think that thing flying is an osprey.

Blub
Hi!

Nice pet Alligator, mate! Is he suppoesed to be there?

Wolfgang8810
cant be an osprey the wing span is too large. This bird was very high in the sky.

MissMTS
Wow, you are so lucky to have such a big backyard with so much wildlife. That must be view to be able to look at every day. I'm jealous.

Drea
WOW beautiful photos wolfgang! ;D I was shocked to see the alligator in your back yard Was he getting ready to stalk those herons? YIKES!
Thanks so much for sharing... loved the photo of the bullfrog and what was that flying in the sky? I'm not familier with Florida fauna...
BUT ooooo how I would love to be in Florida right now!! heheh.... ;D

~ kate
EDIT a BULLFROG? ... had to look again with my glasses on. lol, that was an alligator looking straight on. jeesh....

He He He, I read your post, and you made me look look look for that frog! and I had my glasses on! LOL But very nice pictures. When I go up north in Michigan this spring I will post some beauts of my favorite birds.

susitna-flower
Makes me wish I was a snow bird!

Thanks for the drop of sunshine!

mlinden84
He He He, I read your post, and you made me look look look for that frog! and I had my glasses on! LOL .

LoL don't worry I couldn't find it (glasses not on, but still, they are for distance, not for reading or closeup!)

Lucy
He He He, I read your post, and you made me look look look for that frog! and I had my glasses on! LOL But very nice pictures. When I go up north in Michigan this spring I will post some beauts of my favorite birds.

I looked for the frog too...I thought maybe it was like Where is Waldo?

Your back yard is beautiful, thank you for sharing.

MudHog
Guess it's the southerner in me, but that alligator looks tastey.

Was that two Blue Herons or was that a Great Cormorant and a Blue Heron?

sirdarksol
Ummm... I hate to tell you, wolfgang, but I think there's something wrong with your back yard. There seems to be some sort of green fungus growing on top of the snow. I don't know what could possibly grow in the current temps, but it's not likely to be healthy.

(I'm currently living in the middle of a cold snap, and may have forgotten what grass looks like)

Wolfgang8810
Guess it's the southerner in me, but that alligator looks tastey.

Was that two Blue Herons or was that a Great Cormorant and a Blue Heron?

in the picture with 2 birds the farther one away is the heron and the closer one is a water bird of some sort. but the close up one of the bird is a heron aswell.

MudHog
The "water bird" is likely a Great Cormorant.

Wolfgang8810
oh yea that sounds about right

Oil_Fan
Ummm... I hate to tell you, wolfgang, but I think there's something wrong with your back yard. There seems to be some sort of green fungus growing on top of the snow. I don't know what could possibly grow in the current temps, but it's not likely to be healthy.

(I'm currently living in the middle of a cold snap, and may have forgotten what grass looks like)

ROFL

And to who mentioned that gators being tasty...you know it!!

Wolfgang8810
I actually had gator tail for dinner on friday night

sirdarksol
Love the taste of gator meat. There's a place nearby that sells every type of wild meat, from Alligator to Yak (jerks don't carry zebra). I've got to get back there and pick up some tasty, farm-raised, organic alligator steaks.

MudHog
I like the jaw meat and legs. It's a red meat, unlike the tail which is white meat.

Yall need to try yall some Nutria. Better meat than a chicken. They are veggie eaters, so the meat is VERY clean.

sirdarksol
I'll see if my supplier carries it. I don't recall seeing it on his list, though.

MudHog
If he carries wild animals, yea. If it's only farm raised, I doubt it. Nutrias aren't farm raised and there is actually a bounty in LA for their tail. Same for the bounty on coyotes in Texas.

neverendingninja
Looks eerily similar to my "backyard". Not too many gators where I frequent, but we have plenty here. I was actually walking along the edge of a ditch just yesterday looking at some heron tracks, thinking about snapping photos of them.

Isn't it wonderful to live in the south? Until temps reach over 100º along with 100% humidity...

COBettaCouple
Love the pics! The gator in the backyard would be a great pet for guests who overstay their welcome. Makes me feel homesick sitting here in Denver with 8-12" of snow that fell tonight.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
GenF211
Replies
Views
WhiskeyGinger
Replies
Views
toolman
Top Bottom