Pics of the tubbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have nothing better to do ATM, so here are some pics of the fancies in the 65 gallon pond Luna and Swimmy will be coming in soon to be in an all female tank for my male fantail to have tank full of ladies

Brain (Oranda)

Magneto (Oranda). May or may not actually be male. He's very disfigured, so it's hard to say for sure just yet. That blue is his natural color

Luna (black moor). She wasn't cooperating today :/

And lastly, Lady Swimmy McNibblekins (Ryukin). She's so cute :3

Last edited by a moderator:

riptide904

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Whoa, those are some great looking fish! Brain's got some big eyes, maybe it's just the angle. How are you able to pick them up? Mine swim right up to my hand, but dart away when I try to touch them...

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
"gasp....can't..breathe....put us....back...."

I like Lady Swimmy McNibblekins, she's so cute and I love her colors I saw a couple goldies at the LFS the other day that I really liked, I meant to send you the pictures and see what you thought of them Great pictures!

OP
Akari_32

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks guys! I can grow em fat but I can't grow wens LOL Something about. It enough protein.... It's hard to get them enough protein outside with out over feeding.

I just net them and grab them from the net. I can scoop them out of the pond by hand if they are distracted, though. I taught them to sit still by putting them back in the water when they are relaxed.

Brain is a very awkward little fish lol he can't help it XD

Aw man, you should have, Kine!

kinezumi89

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'll just post them here if you don't mind, easier than uploading to photobucket and messaging you

One was super tiny, the other was bigger with cool black edges to the fins.

One time we went and saw a silver baseball-sized goldfish. I've always known that one day I want a huge tank with goldfish, but my boyfriend hasn't ever been as gung-ho about them. But even his heartstrings were pulled by this guy; a huge fish in a tiny tank, swimming against the glass, looking at us as if to say "save me! save me!"

We had a big goldfish tank when I was younger. They were fun to watch I know now it was overstocked (four fancies in a 55 I think) but we did frequent water changes and they seemed happy.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming

Attachments

OP
Akari_32

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Luna is really cool looking is that her face shaped like that?
Those are her eyes. Moors do that, as do telescopes.

I'll just post them here if you don't mind, easier than uploading to photobucket and messaging you

One was super tiny, the other was bigger with cool black edges to the fins.

One time we went and saw a silver baseball-sized goldfish. I've always known that one day I want a huge tank with goldfish, but my boyfriend hasn't ever been as gung-ho about them. But even his heartstrings were pulled by this guy; a huge fish in a tiny tank, swimming against the glass, looking at us as if to say "save me! save me!"

We had a big goldfish tank when I was younger. They were fun to watch I know now it was overstocked (four fancies in a 55 I think) but we did frequent water changes and they seemed happy.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming
Aw, how cute! I'm not a fan of short fins on fancy goldfish, but that first guy is too cute! I kind of want to drop him and see if he bounces

My lfs gets in huge fat fancies that have to be several years old. 30 bucks, though. Some of them end up dying at the store because no one wants to pay that much, and they get depressed being all by themselves shoved up in 15 gallon tanks :/ if I could buy the one they have there now I totally would. She's gorgeous.

OP
Akari_32

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I suppose it could happen lol I've got nowhere for her, though. No spare tanks big enough for her, and it's too cold at night to go straight to the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom