Pics of the New BOYS!

1. rae64 Well Known Member Member

I picked the new boys up this morning! Such handsome fellas! They are platys, for those of you who do not know. Their names are Curley, Moe, and Larry, the three stooges! Curley is the pink-ish and white one with the speckles. Larry is yellow and red one, and Moe is the big red wag. They are such adorable boys! I am so excited! They are currently drip acclimating, and should be in the tank soon. I am not being too extensive on the acclimation, because the LFS has very similar readings to mine. I also picked up 2 mystery snails, a yellow and a brown striped. They have been added to the tank already, but are still in their shells. Scaredy Snails! I've also included a pic of the tank :) Let me know what you think!

Well, I just glanced over to find the gold mystery snail missing! I spotted him among the rocks, exploring. The brown snail has not come out yet. I think he is just a little shy.

Attached Files:

2. VenomGrass Member Member

Absolute lovely tank, and amazing platys! I'm so jealous cause I have 4 orange common platys and really like the yellow ones but couldn't find anywhere! Very nice snails too I love yellow colours in aquariums, and the sand just finishes it off. credit to ya :)

3. Dolphini Member Member

Awww what cuties! Makes me want some for my own tank :) I would fancy some of the blue ones too.

4. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Your new boys are gorgeous! Congratulations! They're going to love their new home.

5. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Great lookin tank :)

I love what you done with it :clapping:

6. rae64 Well Known Member Member

thanks everyone! :) I've worked really hard on it so far. And the black/striped snail fnally came out! I have to go to bed now, but hopefully some "day 2" pics will arrive tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!

7. fishingman001 Well Known Member Member

nice looking tank. are the rocks glued together? make sure they don't fall over and hurt a fish or crack the tank.

8. rae64 Well Known Member Member

I decided not to glue the rocks. They are very stable, and I made sure of that when i placed them in. If a problem arises I have silicone on hand :)

9. cwb141 Member Member

Moe is awesome

10. rae64 Well Known Member Member

haha! I love Moe too! My airstone really stirs up my water surface when it is turned on, which is great for aeration, but makes feeding difficult. So, I had it turned off and forgot to turn it back on. A single bubble would escape every few seconds, and Moe would stand there and wait for the bubble to come out. Then he would chase it, and when it popped he would go back and wait for the next. He just loves the bubbles! What a character! He is definitely the bravest of the bunch, and the biggest as far as size goes :p

11. jana Member Member

They are beautiful! :)

12. abc123d30 Well Known Member Member

You should enter the aquarium picture in the photo contest, it looks really nice.

13. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Rae. You've done a wondrful job with your tank. The snails and fish are beautiful!
    Ken

14. rae64 Well Known Member Member

Thanks so much everyone! I am FINALLY getting to enjoy all the work I have put into it. It was quite a task, but I'm almost done. All that is left is the rest of the fish!

abc123d30, I think I will enter it in the February contest when I have more than just the platy fish. I have to get 3 or 4 every 2 weeks, and with 17 fish on the way that may take a while.

15. Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Maybe hes like that yellow fish from Nemo :giggle:

16. rae64 Well Known Member Member

haha yeah :) BUBBLES!!!!!

Here are some more pics of the boys, and the new cory catfish I added from another tank yesterday. They seem very happy! The snails were munching together on an algae wafer this morning and have been sitting next to each other ever since. It was great that the platys schooled tight together when I pulled out the big shiny monster (lol the camera) so I could get the pics :) Hope you like them!

Attached Files:

17. GoGreen Well Known Member Member

Hello rae64, been following this thread for a few days and I have to say that your tank looks fantastic, I love the rocks you have in there! Look forward to more pics as you slowly stock your tank over the next little while.:)

18. rae64 Well Known Member Member

thanks GoGreen! The rocks really "made the tank." It was really empty without them, and they bring a lot of neat patterns and shape to the tank to make it more interesting. It also helps balance out all the colors in the tank. They have enough color to be very interesting, but not too much as to take away from the fish.