Pics of my Otos!!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
These are pics of my Otos Mist and Marble in their new tank.  It is pretty bare because they are in quarintine after the tank they were in became infected with TB, but they somehow survived the ordeal.

The first pic is of their tank. It looks a bit dirty on the bottom because of the algae wafer which got scattered everywhere, and the bits of algae which were on the filter from the tank it was cycled in--I didn't think to rinse it off. Btw, in this pic Mist is in front and Marble is behind.
The second one is of both Otos--Mist in front, Marble behind.
The third one is Marble--no he's not sick, he just hates the camera and clamps his fins every time he sees it.  I will try to get a better pic later.
And the final one is of Mist.  Idk if you can see it in the picture, but if her caudal fin looks a bit ragged, it's because first she was infected with pretty bad finrot, and then she injured her tail when she got tangled up in the base of a plastic plant.  She's been through a lot.

P.S. sorry the pics are a bit blurry, they were taken on a cell phone.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
THEY ARE CUTE! I LOVE OTOS

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
cool

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
I always thought otos were bigger.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No they grow max of 1.5" usually 1" really small and skinny, though they like being in groups, great little fish though sensitive when bought from most dealers.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
atmmachine816 said:
No they grow max of 1.5" usually 1" really small and skinny, though they like being in groups, great little fish though sensitive when bought from most dealers.
I thought they got to 2 in. ???
Yup they like best to be in a shoal, or at least a group of 3, I am getting more Otos to go directly into my 20 gallon (after being in q a few weeks of course), and then after like 6 months if Mist and Marble are still TB-less then they will join them in there.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Naw maybe 2" very rarely usually they max out at 1.5", they stay really small.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have 2 kinds ~ one of them is about 1 1/2" and the others are lucky to make an inch. They are all about a year old so I think they are all full grown.

I am so happy to meet Mist and Marble at LAST and Yes the plants are the same as the ones that my littler Otos love so much. Especially the pancake looking one. They play on it all the time. I tried moving it to the other side of the tank and they still hung on the glass where it had been so I moved it back and they are happier now.

The pictures came out really good. The tank looks great. You are having the "playing with our food" problem just like the rest of us. I accuse mine of rolling in it.

Rose

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
hehe that's so funny we have the same plants, green pancake lol ;D but the Otos do love it so much. Of course the little stinkers always suck onto the BACK of it, never where I can actually SEE them. : Actually it's just Marble who likes it. Mist is usually sitting on the bottom. I guess he learned to stay away from plants after his plastic plant incident...

hehehe rolling in food...oh my mine do more than that, they body surf in it! ;D And not even joking either. I caught Mist swimming full speed along the bottom and then skidding through the pile of mush that used to be a wafer. I could actually see path he left through it, and it made puffs of the wafer spray everywhere. And so if you think it looks messy in the picture just be glad you can't see it now...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom