Pics of my female betta "Pinky"

janoue
Here are some pics of my one and only betta girl Pinky. Please tell my what she is ( other than a betta I know that). She was very cooperative and loved having her picture taken. She makes me laugh 50 times a day. She is a HOOT!

Barbrella
Awww, she's so cute and pink!! Aren't girlies fun?

Both your new bettas are veiltails. Adorable!

ricktavious
Such a cutie, female bettas are so much fun, aren't they?

janoue
I really enjoy her.

Blub
Hi!

I think she's an opaque cutie

janoue
I think your right. I did some research and went adn confused myself.

chickadee
I think she is a VERY young female Crowntail. It looks like her fins have some developing to do but they are the right shape. She doesn't have the shape for a female plakat and they are very seldom fish store fish anyway. And I don't think she is finned enough to be a halfmoon or delta.

She is very lovely. She reminds me a something very delicate. Very nice. Congratulations.

Rose

janoue
Thank you. I never thought she would be a crown tail. I havn't paid much attention to females until now.

MissMTS
I don't know what she is, but she is adorable!

janoue
She's got one cute littel personality!

chickadee
Actually I really believe most of the females being sold now are crowntails. The halfmoons and deltas are pretty much still only available through breeders and dealers on eBay and aquabid. But petstores are going the Crowntail route more and more and the females have only started to show up in any numbers since the Crowns started to be populated so I am fairly certain the same suppliers are sending them. I have not seen many female Veiltails and I do not think I am liable to. They are and have been for many years the $1.99 or less fish that no one would purchase unfortunately at the petstores and I believe that is why they quit carrying them. I am really afraid that with the popularity of the Crowns, Combs, Halfmoons, and Deltas surging to the front we may see a day soon when Veiltails are not available at all anymore. They may even stop breeding this wonderful fish. And they are magnificent if allowed to develop to their fullest. I just have not had access to them or I would very likely have one now. My first betta was a Veiltail and I loved him very much.

Rose

janoue
That's funny because I know I have a hard time finding crowntails. All of the fish I got with the exception of drew have all been veil tails. Its rare to see a crowntail in a fish store here.

King_Snuggles
that's strange the vast majority of betas are crowntails here

Blub
Hi!

I've seen Bettas of only 2 kinds: Veiltail and Halfmoon. The HM was a rare one-off - he was a blue trying to 'attack' the Red VT on the other side of the glass. So tempting...

janoue
You should have seen drew yesterday when I made a mistake and sat his tank beside pinky's. it was quite ammuseing.

COBettaCouple
She's such a cute little Betta girl!

I'd agree on her being a crowntail - all of our Betta girls are CTs and I'm not sure when I've seen a VT female at the store.

janoue
Well I will never know now. She's gone.

COBettaCouple
:'( We're really sorry that you lost her.. :'(

chickadee
You do have my deepest sympathy as I know from the enthusiasm that you spoke of her with that she was a loved betta and one that could have been a lovely companion for you. This is sad but I know that they go somewhere that they can have the life they could never have here. God would be that kind to them.

I love your kind nature and good spirit and loving attitude. You will make it through this and perhaps find another little girl who will make you smile when you are ready. We never totally leave them alone now do we?

Rose

voiceless_kat
Well I will never know now. She's gone.

Another sudden betta death. So sorry for your loss, she was a sweetheart, little pink thing that she was. You gave her the happiest days she has known. Be strong...she is with all the rest of the little love fish, and they are all sharing stories of the happy homes they knew.

janoue
I want to wait until we move to a bigger house before I get any more bettas. the next little girl I bring home with go into a filtered tank with a heater and air pump.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MyFishAddiction
  • Question
Replies
Views
BettasAreSuperior
Top Bottom