Pics!!!!! Fianally!

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Charlemagne, Mar 31, 2010.

1. CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Hi everyone! Sorry this took so long. Here are some pics of my Betta boy Charlemagne. Is he a Cambodian? I'm trying to learn to identify the color types, but I'm not very good at it yet. The blue guy is my sister's Betta Matthias. Enjoy!

2. bass master

bass masterWell Known MemberMember

sounds like it could be the sizing of your pictures, I think the limit is something like 2400x1500, it should tell you in the upload box

3. OP
    OP
    C

CharlemagneValued MemberMember

Ok, let's try this one more time.

Yay!!!!! It worked!!!!! More pics to follow.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  4. redlessi

redlessiWell Known MemberMember

He is a pretty boy................................

5. cajunfiberco

cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

He is a very pretty boy :) Why is is so beat up looking though? (his fins)

6. OP
    OP
    C

Ok, sorry for all the confusion

Ok, sorry about all the confusing posts. It took me about 4 tries and the help of my dad to figure out how to re-size me picture. Now I'll post the rest of them. Thank you :) His fins are beat up because I had him in with a dwarf gourami (didn't know they were incompatible) and they fought. IDK if I should be putting anything in the water to help or what???

Attached Files:

7. Furallicah

FurallicahWell Known MemberMember

Keeping the water warm, and adding garlic to his food will work. Other then that Stress Coat+ will help too. He is lovely looking....

8. OP
    OP
    C

Here's Matthias, my sister's betta.

And here's my 29 gal.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  9. Furallicah

Charlemagne you know you can post more then one picture perpost right? That way you dont have to keep posting back to back.

10. OP
    OP
    C

Oh, ok. I thought my pics almost took up the limit of the size, that's why I kept doing that.

11. Furallicah

Try linking all 4 or 5 pictures your allowed per post see if it works if not then I guess keep doing what your doing lol.

12. OP
    OP
    C

Yeah, I'll do that next time. So, anyone know if he's a Cambodian? MM? What kind of betta do you think he is?

13. cajunfiberco

cajunfibercoWell Known MemberMember

He sure is lovely! If you can order online Vita Chem can help him as well but I don't think it's 100% necessary, but it will be good for him. I don't know that he's a cambo (need someone more experienced than me) cause his body is just a little lighter than the fins... But I'm pretty sure he's a lavender, and those are one of my fav colors of betta :)

14. bolivianbaby

bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

Beautiful bettas. Love your 29g. Looks great!

15. Tigerfishy

TigerfishyWell Known MemberMember

Lovely fish, I like the "NO PICTURES" picture with the flaring going on!! What an attitude

16. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Good morning,

Your tank looks great and you both have some beautiful Bettas! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Here is a link that you can use to resize your photos if you would like:

Ken

17. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

aww he is a cutie...both of them are!! and he looks lavender to me also....be careful as I see a black skirt in with him....blackskirts are very notorious fin nippers...

18. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

He looks like a lavender to me as well. In fact, he looks a lot like my new boy, Tristan (who was sold as a girl at Petsmart, but I'm 99% sure is a boy). Beautiful boy! And your sister's boy, Matthias, has the same weird split at the end of his dorsal fin that my son's betta, Gordon does! Handsome boys all around!

19. OP
    OP
    C

Thanks everyone! ;D I will look for the Stress Coat+. I feed him BettaMin flake food, so how would I soak that in garlic? Should I just put some in a bowl and mix a bit of garlic in?
    :;thx

20. bassbonediva

bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

I had a hard time soaking the flake food when Amun got that wound on his side, so I fed him bloodworms soaked in garlic juice every other day and then just the regular flakes unsoaked on the days I didn't feed the bloodworms.

On a slightly different note...I LOVE the quote in your signature!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice