lili70
New : Topaz (sooo yellow)

232.jpg

233.jpg

Pinky

234.jpg

Saphira

235.jpg

and ... the baby frog (visiting, squeezing through dividers)

223.jpg

The whole:

236.jpg

Tom
What size of tank are they in?
Tom

0morrokh
Very pretty girls you've got.

Yuni
I like your set up Very nice little ladies you have there XD I like the frog

lili70
What size of tank are they in?
Tom

That's my hospital tank.
I bought the first 2 girls because they were just babies and very sick. They both had fin rot and as long as I had a cabinet full of meds (from the neon adventure) I thought I should try to cure them. I never thought they will live .... they were miserable in those jars, barely moving. They fins and tail healed perfect and they are growing biiiig.
The third one, the yellow one, I just liked. I am not sure yet if she is OK so I am treating the tank.
It's small but old tank and never gave me problems with spikes (after cycling). But it requires a lot of cleaning, daily, because of the dividers. I am cleaning the poo because there is nothing else like .... food to clean. The girls are big eaters. They eat frozen shrimp and frozen blood worms. I gave them some spirulina flakes to see if they throu up but ... no, they eat that too.

I have another girl in a 5 gal, doing very well but the filter is too strong for her. So, if you were trying to say that the girls don't have enough space, I can answer that I am thinking about a solution. The 3 gal tank I have for Cleo (my betta boy) with his own filter and lights loojs great but it's hard to clean. So .... I'll think about it. No sorority for me, my girls are very agressive. Pinky is bitting my finger every morning. I can imagine what she can do with a fish.
L
from Ontario

lili70
Is it yellow a rare color for bettas ? I never saw in a store a yellow betta before.
Thank for replies.
The frog is super cute. I'll move it soon in the big tank . One day this baby frog was playing tug with the girls for a blood worm. The betta won.

COBettaCouple
beautiful Betta girls! yellow is an uncommon color and we don't see them too often at the pet stores.

pamd
That froggie looks like a riot! Doesn't he have a name? He seems to have enough personality to deserve one! I also love the way you caught your new golden Topaz looking straight into the camera before she caught on to the routine and became camera-shy! Thanks for the nice pictures of all the pretty girls. And the froggie.

lili70
I think Baby it's a good name for froggie.

lili70
OMG. This morning I found Pinky and Saphira toghether. Saphira must have squeezed through divider (a made a little cut for bubble tub). She has few scales missing on the head.
But they were fine, swimming together, no fighting ... in such a small space. I think they were too hungry to think about fight.
Pinky is jumping a lot for food .... out of water.
Are the bettas jumpers ?! Or is just my betta crazy ?
Thank you.
L

0morrokh
Yeah Bettas can jump. I have a female Betta who jumps out of the water if I take too long feeding her.

This isn't the first time I've heard of a Betta getting through a divider (and probably won't be the last). Although, normally they jump over it, rather than going through it. I keep the water level really low in my divided Betta tank so they can't jump the divider.

You're lucky they didn't get in a fight. The females can be just as aggressive as the males--they will even sometimes kill each other.

COBettaCouple
One of our female Bettas, Sweetie, starts jumping for food if I hesitate at all in feeding her. Betta can jump really well and also love to squeeze through tight spaces, both can get them into trouble with a divided tank. I'm glad yours are alright and Vitachem and/or Fish Protector are great for helping those scales to grow back.

what substrata do you have in the tank? Have you checked the divider to see if it is totally straight? sometimes if it's a little off and/or not secure enough at the bottom, they can nudge it on one side to try to get to the other side of the divider.

nmwierman1977
Oh those girls are just gorgeous. I love your frog too. I'd like to get an ADf too someday. Natalie

Barbrella
OMG! I finally stopped laughing long enough to post! Your froggy looks some cartoon character. Too funny!

223.jpg

lili70
OMG. This morning I found Pinky and Saphira toghether. Saphira must have squeezed through divider (a made a little cut for bubble tub). She has few scales missing on the head.
But they were fine, swimming together, no fighting ... in such a small space. I think they were too hungry to think about fight.
Pinky is jumping a lot for food .... out of water.
Are the bettas jumpers ?! Or is just my betta crazy ?
Thank you.
L

She did it again !!! I am going shopping fish tank today.
Those girls are growing by the minute ..... Am I feeding them too much frozen food ?!
And again they didn't fight at all .... they just jump .... too high ... for my finger (food) !
Topaz is growing and her spine is getting strait.

9.jpg

10.jpg
Begger .....

11.jpg
The jumper

12.jpg

COBettaCouple
they're all such beautiful betta girls!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple