Picky eels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alee C.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey, I have 2 peacock eels. I feed my other fish flakes, and pellets. And everyone loves them;D However I've never seen my eels eat them. I try and feed my eels earthworms, and they love them. I cut the worms in small pieces(aporx. 1 inch) and they slurp them up. They eat about 2 (1inch) pieces a day. I'm just scared they aren't getting enough food. What else can I feed them? The closest pet store is 2 hours from here,(except walmart) so bloodworms are out of the question.

Are there any people food that I could give them. Just curious as I know that other fish can eat certain vegetables, is there some type of meat I can give them?

Also when I go to the petstore next, would it be a good investment to purchase some bloodworms(how much do they normally cost), also what other fish food would they like?

x

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Alee C.

Hopefully some members that have experience with the eels will be able to help you out today. Did you do a Fish Lore Search for Eels?

Don't forget we love photos!

Ken

OP
Alee C.

Alee C.

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello Alee C.

Hopefully some members that have experience with the eels will be able to help you out today. Did you do a Fish Lore Search for Eels?

Don't forget we love photos!

Ken
My camera isn't very good quality. I can try to add some but I don't know how good they will be. Should I shut off the flash on my camera?

Also, I was in walmart today and picked up some freeze-dried blood worms. I put some in the tank, and the eels started going crazy trying to find the food, but I don't think they did. They're still smelling around, I guess it'll take them some time to find them as they're not used to going to the top for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 59 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 19.8%

Top Bottom