Phython No Spill Clean And Fill System Question

TetraKing101

I picked up a phython to do water changes on my 65 gallon tank I have a question if I was to do a 50 percent water change would I add only enough dechlorinator to dechlorinate 50 percent of the tank or should I add enough to do the whole tank ( just so people know there is no water in it)

Robinn

Not exactly sure what your asking about, but for whatever amount of water goes in, you should dechlorinate it. So, if you have no water in the tank, dechlorinate all the water. If you took out half, when you put that half back in of new water, dechlorinate it.

Zorro A. Knievel Esq.

When I do water changes, I always add a full dose of Prime (dechlorinater/water conditioner) no matter what percentage I change. I'm confused though, you say the aquarium is empty but you are changing 50% of the water? Or are you just asking for future reference?

TetraKing101

When I do have it set up I am asking if I go to do a water change do I only dechlorinate the amount I put back in or do I use enough to de chlorinate the entire volume of the tank. I have seen people saying you have to de chlorinate the whole amount of the tank even if your doing a water change

When I do water changes, I always add a full dose of Prime (dechlorinater/water conditioner) no matter what percentage I change. I'm confused though, you say the aquarium is empty but you are changing 50% of the water? Or are you just asking for future reference?

Yes I’m asking for future reference thanks

jmaldo

TetraKing101
Good Question.
Most hobbyist I know along with myself. Chose to dose for the entire tank capacity regardless of the amount of water change (30-70%).
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!

TetraKing101

TetraKing101
Good Question.
Most hobbyist I know along with myself. Chose to dose for the entire tank capacity regardless of the amount of water change (30-70%).
Hope this helps.
Good Luck!

Thanks

Robinn

When I do have it set up I am asking if I go to do a water change do I only dechlorinate the amount I put back in or do I use enough to de chlorinate the entire volume of the tank. I have seen people saying you have to de chlorinate the whole amount of the tank even if your doing a water change

I personally just do a little bit more (I have a 10g, so if I do a 50% WC, I'll
dose for 6 gallons) just in case I go a little over. Either way works

Michael.j.gomez

Hello, when doing 25%+ water change I will dose whole tank(let filter mix 15 min) before adding fresh water from tap. When topping off or for sm water changes I dose water before adding to tank(2 drops per gal). Hope this helps!

Donthemon

Use enough for the whole tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
g25racer
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Pescado_Verde
Replies