Photos Without A Flash :-) | Page 8

Discussion in 'Kathy Potts' started by Kathy Potts, Dec 7, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Kathy PottsWell Known MemberMember

Had to switch it up a bit with some photos of others beside the Angels. The first photo is a Mikrogeophagus altispinosa. Only little guy of it kind that we have left in the 180 gallon tank. Very friendly little bugger and always keeps an eye on every move you make. Second photo is our Silver Dollars and the third is one of our Rainbows.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. buzz4520

buzz4520Valued MemberMember

awesome pics and fish !!!

3. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

Very pretty pictures! I like your SD's a lot.

4. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks guys!!!!

@ Rouge, we have had those two for years. Rather large. Not sure how big they get? We originally had three, but lost one a good while back. Now that I know I can get good healthy stock from some of the members here at FL, I have them on a list to get more of in the future.

5. RogueAgent94

Well my largest are 6.5in but they can get as big as 7. I seem to remember having one around 8 though. I might have the numbers wrong though.

6. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

They seem to be quite hardy. What do you guys think?

7. RogueAgent94

Do you mean the SD's? I think they are rather hardy. They don't do well with temperature fluctuations though and they are annoyingly hard to breed.

8. MJDuti

MJDutiWell Known MemberMember

Wow, these are some great pics on a great thread that I've been needing! However I need to put aside some time to go through all 10 pages worth! If anyone could be so kind and just give me a page where good info is or just a brief description of lighting, camera settings, etc. All my pics are coming out either blurry due to movement (**** crazy dannios) or blurry due to being too close (like with my tiny oto, but any further wouldn't show any detail). I'm not a big photographer but I know a little and got a pretty decent camera from my girl last x-mas (Cannon PowerShot S95). I've tried flash/no-flash (obviously no-flash is better), settings for movement, color, etc and have only got maybe a handful of good photos after taking around 100 or so...exhausting. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

9. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Hi mj :;hi2

And :sign0016: to FL

We have several threads around here talking about photography. I will see if I can located a couple of them for you. I will also look back and see what pages in this thread might catch your interest.

Ok, a lot was discussed in pages 1-6. Hope you find some useful information. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  10. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Kopeth, a FishLore member has compiled tons of info here also:

https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/aquarium-photos.88560/
    https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/aquatic-photography-a-personal-experience.29779/

I googled the subject here at FL. You might find some more very helpful ideas and tips while browsing thru some of the links here:

https://www.fishlore.com/searchresu...h&siteurl=www.fishlore.com/SearchBoxForum.htm

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  11. Nutter

NutterFishlore VIPMember

Great photos Kathy. I partcularly like the photo of the Altispinosa & the orange on the Parkinsoni is so vivid. Fantastic quality as always.:;perfect

12. MJDuti

MJDutiWell Known MemberMember

thanks Kath! This is pretty much all the info I'll need. Nice lookin out

13. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks Nutter!!!!! The Parkinsoni actually looks like it is on fire when it swims around in the aquarium. Almost as tho it has lights. Really reminds me of a lit up tail light on a car! You can spot it from anywhere in the room!!! As you know, Rainbows can be hard to get a good pic of because they swim so fast.

You are more than welcome mjb!!!

14. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Nutter, here is another shot of the Parkinsoni:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  15. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Well.......... we now have this as a blog!!!!!! :;bananapc So have fun and enjoy :;th ;D

16. RogueAgent94

:;laughing with 11 pages it already is a blog!

17. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

:anim_63: :;lg

But now I can post back to back and not feel guilty >:D :giggle:

:anim_35: :whistling:

And if you guys were tired of me before............... :giggle: >:D

18. RogueAgent94

Tired? Hah! I'm anxiously waiting for more amazing pictures!

19. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Not a very pretty fish.

20. RogueAgent94

Not very pretty now, but it soon will be after being cared for by you! :;bb