Photos Without A Flash :-) | Page 7

Discussion in 'Kathy Potts' started by Kathy Potts, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Nutter

NutterFishlore VIPMember

That's my favourite photo of yours yet Kathy. He looks absolutely awesome & the fine detail is great. I can even clearly see the old wounds down his flanks. Going by his mouth area I think it's safe to say that he's been enjoying a good fight or two.

Yes I remember being the one to set you on the path of no flash photos. You heaped so much praise & thanks on me that I won't forget in any great hurry. Made me all embarras:)sed you did.:-[

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94Fishlore VIPMember

:eek: WOW :eek:

That's a great picture of your EBJD!!

3. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Kathy PottsWell Known MemberMember

Another Without A Flash:

4. RogueAgent94

Very nice! I love his/her blue barring on the top fin.

5. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Nutter, Credit is due where credit is due. You were the first to ever get it thru my thick skull an understanding somewhat of using the manual settings on my camera and no flash. I am indeed sorry if I embarrassed you!!!! But I am most thankful that you took the time to break it down for me and put it in terms that I could understand!!!!! :;nw

Yep Nutter! They do enjoy a good tussle with each other every now and then. They don't bother any other fish. But they do like to harass each other :;smack

:;thx you guys for the compliments!!!!!:;th

6. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thank you too Rouge!!!!

I went over to their tank just awhile ago and snapped some pics so that I could put them in the buy/sell/trade section. Got several that look pretty good. Let me go thru them and I will post some more. :)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  7. youngstermatt

youngstermattValued MemberMember

I've found that if you have the right lighting, the flash actually makes it worse, so I NEVER use a flash, I would post one of my many pics right now, but I have VERY slow internet and it takes about 5min for 1 pic, so I only post them when I have a lot of time.

8. RogueAgent94

:eek: amazing looking fish! I wish my babies would turn out like yours!

9. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Feel free to post anytime you get a chance matt!

Thanks!!

This one is going to be a real beauty. It has some outstanding gold/yellow coloration and markings. This show both sides of the Angel.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  10. RogueAgent94

Hehe don't be surprised if you see him/her missing one day! I will most likely be the culprit. What do you feed them for them to grow the kok (hump on their heads)??

11. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

I believe in offering a large variety of foods. Different brands and different kinds. I figure if one type of food lacks a particular nutrient, that hopefully another kind/brand will make up for it. Kinda like us :giggle:

Generally the head shape can be an indicator, to some extent, as to whether it is a male or female. The more mature the Angel, usually the males head will show a slight hump.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong about that.

12. RogueAgent94

Oh no your correct about males having a larger kok (pronounced 'coke') but IME the males' kok seems a bit more lumpy. Or ends rather quickly. While all healthy angels have a slight kok some genetically inherit more dominant genes for larger koks.

13. IheartMolly

IheartMollyValued MemberMember

they look big bodied? are they full grown adults?

14. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

They are somewhere between 9 to 10 months old.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  15. andrearamirezo91

andrearamirezo91Well Known MemberMember

GREAT PICS!!! Awesome quality and beautiful colors <3

16. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

:;thx Bunches andrea!!! :;fl :;th

17. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Took this shot just a few minutes ago. Was trying to get a good shot of the tank but ended up taking photos of the fish. Also noticed that there is some Angels spawning in that tank too. Couldn't get a good shot of them. Very odd place they are spawning LOL

The lighting was a bit different due to the sunshine coming in the window on the west side. Brought the detail out of the scales pretty much.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  18. andrearamirezo91

andrearamirezo91Well Known MemberMember

Wow its amazing Kathy!!! I love it and you're right, the scales look amazing! Congratulations :)

19. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

:;thx andreamirezo!!!!

20. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Snapped these two also at the same time as the one in post #137. Didn't crop the photos. Just close up shots.

Pics 3 & 4 were taken at a different time and from a different tank.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011