Photos promised to cichlidnut! :p

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by mmolitor87, Dec 5, 2012.

1. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well Known Member Member

IMG_20121205_143811.jpg
    Female? She has a lot of orange so I'm still thinking so. :)

IMG_20121205_145759.jpg
    Maybe the camera is food! xD He's screaming at me to feed him in this picture. Oh, and the cameo from the pleco!

IMG_20121205_145821.jpg

IMG_20121205_145837.jpg
    Bluuuuurrry but I like how it shows his dorsal fin. :)

IMG_20121205_145916.jpg

These were captured by snapping TONS of pictures and filtering what I could from them.

2. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

the con does look female. nice tank, thanks for sharing!

did you feed them? they looked so hungry.

3. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Thanks! Not yet. I'm just about to go upstairs with a cup of tankwater and start thawing some beefheart and emerald entree for them! ;) They loooooooove it! I'm sure they want me to tell you "thanks!". :;f

4. C

I do know how to keep fish spoiled :)

looks like you are doing a good job with them.

5. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Thanks. :) Glad to see them looking so healthy and happy under my care. It's really rewarding! I just can't wait for my JD to grow up. Seems like he was growing so quickly and now he's just creeping along.

6. C

Mine is about 2 years old. They live a long time so it's worth the wait.

If you wana blow more money on food, I have more suggestions. hehe

7. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Ahhhhh he's so pretty lol. Yeah, they can like 10+ years if taken care of properly. :) I'm just impatient while I wait to see him in his full glory. I guess time won't hurt though, especially since I'd like him to end up having the tank all to himself or move him to a larger tank.

He is now sitting at the top of the water under the lid I set the cup on while the food thaws.....he knooooooows!

And sure, more food suggestions would be good! Especially since others might benefit from it too. :)

8. C

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Oh wow. So cute! I love oscars...they're even more like puppies than other cichlids. I eventually want a 125 with 2 oscars. :)

Typically I feed mine NLS as was suggested by you. They seem to love it. Colors have definitely brightened since doing that.

10. C

The darn thing splashes me almost daily when I'm feeding them. He gets very excited!

11. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

They're one of the easiest fish to teach hand feeding to. :) I think I'll take a look at the chingmix a little later due to it needing to be shipped. This time of the year is horrid for that.

12. C

I bought mine from pet zone San Diego. I was very happy with the transaction. I'm always seeing their fish on aquabid too.

13. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Odd coloration for a moment! He was also just sitting really still so I was able to get some good photos...

IMG_20121206_165516.jpg

IMG_20121206_165631.jpg

IMG_20121206_165655.jpg

While taking these the convict got jealous and starting attacking him...his colors are now back and he's fending her off lol.

14. C

You're going to have some very nice fish when they grow up :)

15. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

Thanks! He's sooooooo pretty lol. I just wish I knew why his colors were off...like what was stressing him? It was strange too because alllllll of the giant danios were stationary in a clump on the right side. The only one moving around the tank was the Convict.....bizarre.

So cheeky lol.
    IMG_20121206_170810.jpg

And his colors are back...
    IMG_20121206_170828.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  16. C

Cichlids are amazing at changing color. Maybe the light is brighter on one side of the tank? He'll get a little lighter in color to compensate?

I've got a Chocolate Cichlid that will change color in an instant. He'll have this real dark stripe going down his body, as soon as I pull up the camera to take a picture he's like OH NOES! And the stripe is gone.

17. OP
    OP
    mmolitor87

LOL I would say so but in that corner of the room the only light IS the tank light. That rock formation you see behind him is HIS cave that I built for him. He's always around it...that's his territory and he doesn't care where the convict goes as long as it isn't there lol. Almost all the photos of him that exist are around his cave. :)

18. A

AlexAlex Well Known Member Member

Absolutely gorgeous Cichlids! :)

19. Tonia

Tonia Well Known Member Member

He is beautiful!!! what a great home he's got there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice