Photos Of Male Blue Dream Shrimp?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by MaeKay, Apr 17, 2017.

1. M

MaeKay Valued Member Member

Does anyone have photos of what to expect from male blue dream velvet shrimp? I feel like I have a fair idea of what male red ones look like (not that I have any in my tank...I'm thinking Petco only sells females since they're more colorful...) Thanks!

2. FishRFriendz

FishRFriendz Well Known Member Member

I think there's even going to be some wide variance in what are being sold as dream blue velvet. Some of the sites and eBay listings I've seen show blue rili shrimp as dream blue velvet, they're always the cheapest dream blue velvet cuz blue rili shrimp are pretty cheap.

3. FishRFriendz

FishRFriendz Well Known Member Member

See the aquatic arts photo is the ideal.
    IMG_1316.PNG
    But there's a lot of stuff like
    IMG_1315.PNG

4. OP
    OP
    M

I am so confused now on which names each of the degrees of blue go by! And is the blue pearl a different species of neo altogether??? If I recall from college genetics, different species of neos can still interbreed, right? So I need to not house them together?

Which is the darkest pure blue? I prefer the dark sapphire from Aquatic Arts but my husband prefers the more sky blue. (I have no idea what these ones are called, nor what color blue either of these ACTUALLY look like in a real tank without professionally adjusted photos...)

5. OP
    OP
    M

Good to know! Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice