Photos of Dubh!

emilai333

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I thought I would share some pictures I took of one of my female guppies, Dubh. Caoimhe is too quick for me to get a photo of, as are the boys... and Rhiannon is in a tank that is hard to get a photo of from any angle but directly above.

Can anyone tell conclusively whether she is pregnant or not?

I'll post pics of the others as I can.

Neville

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hI
i'm neville, your guppies are really cute. u told me to buy a bigger tank so that I can keep my goldies with some guppies. but my goldies are near 6 inches, I think they may eat the guppies by mistake.

wolfman21

Reaction score
Not pregnant from what I can tell. Doesn't look big enough, but may be in the early stages. Watch her-she may get bigger! Love the names-they're so cool!

OP
E

emilai333

Reaction score
Neville, I meant for you to get a larger tank for your goldies (30gs for two six inch comets), and put guppies into your old tank. Glad you like my girl, though.

Wolfman, thanks for checking out Dubh. I stopped into one of the LFS's and observed the guppies and now I think I can figure out who is pregnant. Dubh doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger, so I'm guessing she's not; nor is Rhiannon. Caoimhe, unfortunately, died of dropsy. More recently, I stopped in to a different lfs and bought a guppy who I am pretty certain is pregnant, from the feeder tank. I bought her with a boy and kept her with him while they were in QT, so I'm guessing if she wasn't pregnant, she probably is now! Its so funny, the little boy is so tiny and the girl is so big compared to him! Her name is Saoirse and his is Ruari.

wolfman21

Reaction score
I hear the best looking guppies will come from the second strain of DNA, or the second stage of mating (the father mating with one of his babies). This will produce the most beautiful colors. Maybe try that if you want, let me know how it goes. I'm doing the same thing with mine to see how it goes. Just gotta wait for the fry to get larger.

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You have a beautiful female. I don't think your female is pregnant yet.

Callum The Cat

Well Known
Reaction score
Langwarrrin, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
nice guppy I have 2 females both pregnant anyway one of my guppies mas preganant I didn't put her in the breeding box then a couple of days later I was cleaning the tank when I notice a little thing it was a tiny baby guppy I don't no how it survired with 4 guppys and 6 neon tertas there's about 3 or 4 of them not many any i'm fansanated how small they are there tiny I could barely see them i've put the other female in the breeding box and is expecting babys but aanyway nice female guppy u got there ;D Callum!

New Threads