Photos not displaying and uploads are failing

Brizburk

Member
I use the FL app through my Android phone, lately I'm finding photos display as a line of code, sometimes I can view the photo other times not. When I attempt to upload photos sometimes I'm able to simply upload and other times I have to do as as an attachment.

What is going on? I'm all up to date, no avail updates for my phone or the FL app.

???
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Member
Mike should be able to help.
 

Jack B Nimble

Member
Mine too on Samsung 10 plus only see some photos say 15% of them, when I upload about the same result I see 1 of 5-6 rest just a pic descriptor,
 

TWiG87

Member
I use the app on my iPhone 8 and it messes with pictures as well. Sometimes they load weird and on top of each other in the thread or sometimes I can’t see them until I scroll around and almost refresh the page if that makes sense.
Usually I can upload photos, but I haven’t tried more than one photo.
 
  • Moderator

Mike

Moderator
Member
Looks like there was an update on Feb 5 for tapatalk (the FL app developer) for the forum. I just finished updating it.

Let me know if you are still having issues!
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Member
If you are still having problems try using the online version.
 
  • Thread Starter

Brizburk

Member
TWiG87 said:
I use the app on my iPhone 8 and it messes with pictures as well. Sometimes they load weird and on top of each other in the thread or sometimes I can’t see them until I scroll around and almost refresh the page if that makes sense.
Usually I can upload photos, but I haven’t tried more than one photo.
My iPad does that

Mike said:
Looks like there was an update on Feb 5 for tapatalk (the FL app developer) for the forum. I just finished updating it.

Let me know if you are still having issues!
I'll look again for the update.

Amazoniantanklvr said:
If you are still having problems try using the online version.
I don't use FL through a computer. I usually use it on the go. This is also a new issue
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Member
Brizburk said:
I don't use FL through a computer. I usually use it on the go. This is also a new issue
I use the online version on my phone.
 

eirynne

Member
That issue was happening to me a few days ago but attaching photos for a post just worked for me. Both times I was using the web app on a PC.
 
  • Thread Starter

Brizburk

Member
Amazoniantanklvr said:
Mike should be able to help.
Oh this is odd, it shows there's a newer version however there is no update. I'm going to try uninstalling then reinstalling the app.

Mike said:
Looks like there was an update on Feb 5 for tapatalk (the FL app developer) for the forum. I just finished updating it.

Let me know if you are still having issues!
Mike I looked and looked for the update, it shows there's a newer version but there is nowhere to update. It also shows the last update was April 2018. I uninstalled then reinstalled with no change.

I'm guessing this is the issue. I will try contacting the developer.
 

TWiG87

Member
Amazoniantanklvr said:
I use the online version on my phone.
I do that as well sometimes when I can’t see certain photos lol
 
  • Moderator

Mike

Moderator
Member
Brizburk said:
Mike I looked and looked for the update, it shows there's a newer version but there is nowhere to update. It also shows the last update was April 2018. I uninstalled then reinstalled with no change.

I'm guessing this is the issue. I will try contacting the developer.
Have you tried just using the mobile version of the forum? Just open it in your device's internet browser. That is how I use the forum on my phone. The mobile version of the site is better than the app imo because it has full functionality.
 

TWiG87

Member
Mike said:
Have you tried just using the mobile version of the forum? Just open it in your device's internet browser. That is how I use the forum on my phone. The mobile version of the site is better than the app imo because it has full functionality.
And it does display everything correctly. At least on an iPhone.
 

Amazoniantanklvr

Member
MissNoodle says her iphone works. My ancient samsung works too.
 

MissNoodle

Member
I have a Samsung not iphone.

BUT
Occasionally images don't like to load fast or not at all... I just figured it was my data being slow lol
 
  • Thread Starter

Brizburk

Member
Mike said:
Have you tried just using the mobile version of the forum? Just open it in your device's internet browser. That is how I use the forum on my phone. The mobile version of the site is better than the app imo because it has full functionality.
No I'll try it. I've loved having the app and that's actually how I discovered FL, I'm hoping a fix will come out so that I can install the update.
 

Jack B Nimble

Member
I'm running the app and my images don't load.
 

TWiG87

Member
Jack B Nimble said:
I'm running the app and my images don't load.
I am having the same issues. I’ve actually started using the mobile version in SafarI and it is pretty nice!
 
  • Thread Starter

Brizburk

Member
The full website doesn't display properly on my phone and kept freezing.
 

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Log in or register to view

Top Bottom