Photo Gallery/ Aquarium pics are they going to be merged?

1. jim55379 Member Member

Just wondering if the new photo gallery was going to be merged. What I really love about these pics is I can actually see what you guys are talking about when you say clown loaches and tetras. before... I didin't have a clue about what these fish were. Does anyone know why tetras always seem to be in a small tupperware by themselves in the fish stores??

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: I have never seen them in tupperware containers before at any store, that is SO cruel!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. jim55379 Member Member

Yes I see it a lot Emma. At fish stores and Wall Ma Part. I believe they are Teteras. They are real colorfull and long finned and are in little tupperwares. I saw once where they had a real small fishholder that attaches to the side of an aquarium and the fish was in there. They were real small only about 4 inches long. I asked the laday if it was sick but she said no they were agressive. Yeah it doesn't seem real humane but most of the tanks at wall mart seem a little overpopulated and I guess the fish will be adopted soon ... ;D ???

4. beckers4oranges Member Member

5. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ohhhhh, yeah tetras are not agressive and are schooling fish.
    I never guessed you could be talking about bettas...

6. jim55379 Member Member

Oh Beckers maybe they were... They were real pretty fish though. Still seems kind of inhumane when they can't swim around..

7. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

I am betting you are talking about male bettas. EVERY pet store keeps them isolated because they fight each other and any other long finned fish, but it is very true that it is very cruel and they usually do not take care of them properly. If you look at them they appear very depressed. :( :mad:

Rose
    :)

8. beckers4oranges Member Member

GOOD NEWS...ONE OF MY LFS (LOCAL FISH STORES) AND THE BETTER ONE PUTS BETTAS IN TANKS WITH OTHER COMPATABLE FISH MATES...THEY KEEP ALL THEIR FISH IN 20 GALLON TANKS...ITS A REALLY NEAT PLACE WITH TANKS RANGING FROM AT LEAST 20 GALLONS TO 450 GALLON (SALTWATER!!) TANKS WITH PLENTY OF OTHERS RANGING IN THE MIDDLE...LIKE 5 200 GALLON TANKS...OH ITS AMAZING I LOVE THAT STORE...I THINK IM GONNA GO TOMORROW JUST BECAUSE THIS IS GETTING ME EXCITED...OK POINT BEING...NOT EVERY STORY IS CRUEL TO THEIR BETTAS...THE STORES TAHT KNOW THEIR STUFF ARE....

KYLE