Phoenix Turned One Year Old

1. Bettatude

Bettatude Well Known Member Member

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a long time but just wanted to give an update on my fin baby. Some might remember all the trials and tribulations this little guy has been through. Quick summary: Last October he had white spots, I tried treating him for ICK but it didn't work so I took him to a vet who specializes in exotic animals. The vet took samples from his body and fins which showed he had streptococcus. He was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and the white spots went away. A couple of months later he was leaning almost all the way over with SBD and I treated him with Betta Revive for 4 days and he greatly improved. A couple months later he was having a hard time swimming down in the tank and would pop up to the water line, it was like something kept pulling him up. I took him to the same vet and the vet vented his swim bladder and found streptococcus in the fluid he removed. Another 2 weeks of antibiotics. Today Phoenix is doing great, he has gained weight, and his fins are growing like crazy.

Funny thing is that when I first got Phoenix I got him a 10 gallon tank, then after he got sick the first time I got him a 4 gallon, and when he became well I got him a 6.5 gallon. After he had his swim bladder vented and was treated with an antibiotic, I moved him in February to a large storage container with 10+ gallons of water. He has a heater and sponge filter. What's so great about the container is that's super wide so I don't have to fill too deep, and he loves it.

Just took these pics today, a little hard to see him through the plastic. ph2.jpg ph3.jpg ph1.jpg

2. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

So today is his birthday? So in that case Happy Birthday Phoenix I'm glad you are feeling better!!

3. OP
    OP
    Bettatude

Thanks Kenny :) He turned a year old just this month and it will be a year since I got him the middle of next month. When I took him to his first vet visit last October, the vet said he was around 3 months old.

It's hard to tell but he's a double tail.

4. Kenny777

Kenny777 Well Known Member Member

He is quite beautiful if I had to say!

5. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

He looks so happy! You are one amazingly dedicated fish parent!

6. Philippians 4:13

Philippians 4:13 Well Known Member Member

Happy Birthday Phoenix! :)

7. OP
    OP
    Bettatude

Aww thanks endlercollector. His little Bettatude makes me smile. He just started flaring, he's a big boy now. :;banana1