Philippine Blue Angels | Page 6

Discussion in 'Kathy Potts' started by Kathy Potts, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Danni

DanniWell Known MemberMember

:;laughing Your a bad influence Kathy supporting my habits. I have to get my existing fish to their tanks and then probably get some!

2. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Kathy PottsWell Known MemberMember

3. catsma_97504

catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Great video. They really are showing their true blue coloring.

4. Ashley45

Ashley45Well Known MemberMember

They are beautiful fish!!! and the pictures are AMAZING!!

5. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks you guys!!!

If you notice in the video, there are some African and Peacock Cichlid fry swimming around. You might also notice that the Angels are ignoring them!!! Which means I get to dismantle the aquarium so that I can take the Cichlid fry out. Yipppeeeee! NOT! The Angels had rather wait for the Food Fairy to come along and sprinkle some nice tasty bites of food that are much easier to grab. Chasing live food is way too much harder.

This has happened before LOL. I put some Cichlid fry in with my grown Angels and they thought it was a blast for about the first 15 seconds until the little bits hit cover and disappeared. In just a few days the fry came out of hiding and began to meander around like they owned the place. In not time at all, they had my full grown HUGE Angels cowering in the top corners of the aquarium. The little rascals were nipping and taking itty bitty bites out of the Angels fins. The Angels didn't care for it and neither did I. So, that aquarium was dismantled and the small fry caught out. The Angels returned to their abode and once again began to reign supreme.

6. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Here is a photo of the little rascals that terrorized the BIG GUYS!!!

7. Alasse

AlasseWell Known MemberMember

Absolutely stunning fish!!

I would love some like that....

8. catsma_97504

catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

I had the same problem with White Cloud Mountain Minnows. But, my angels would chase them and couldn't catch the faster ones. I now have about 2 dozen WCMM!

9. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Wow........ I like WCMM's!!!! :whistling:

10. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

If you only lived closer :;th

11. Alasse

AlasseWell Known MemberMember

I agree *L* wish i lived closer!

Anything that will fit in my angels mouth, no matter how quick, is food *LOL*

12. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

I stripped some female Peacocks just a short while back and fed them to a spawn that I had in the 40 gallon tank. Now that group of Angels wiped out everyone of those fry. Even if they could not swallow them, they would attack them and kill them. Then pick at the fry/egg until it was gone. There wasn't too many places for the fry/eggs to hide in.

But you would still think that the BIG HUGE Angels would have eaten the small fry. All they would have had to do is basically inhale!!!! But noooo........... too much trouble and the Angels were out numbered LOL I guess. LOL

13. Danni

DanniWell Known MemberMember

They get big and lazy...LOL. I have seen it myself.