OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Simon Law said:
I think I may have mentioned them to you before..... you will produce the illusive, the magical, the exalted, radiant and sublime PARAIBA!

A Diamond Paraiba is so rare that there isn't even a photo that you can google!
Thanks Simon!!!!!!

Sorry for the repeat!! Actually quite often I be a bit dense!!!! Thanks for putting up with me!!!!! You are a true sweetheart to help me out with this!!!! I sincerely appreciate it!!!!

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
catsma_97504 said:
Beautiful fish, Kathy. You can really see that their blue coloring is developing.
Thanks Catsma. I was trying to get a shot of this guys fins. They seem to be broad. It was funny because I had been at it for a while, unable to get the shot that I wanted and then my cat got up in my lap and the fish didn't know what to think about that Thus the shot above with its fins pretty much spread

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Yeah, you never know when you will get that shot!! It takes many, many shots to find one worth sharing.

Have you heard? I have krib fry in the planted community tank. Cannot remove them, so it's up to the parents. Not sure how old the fry are. I'd guess around 2-3 weeks.. And, my male bristlenose has been in a 6 inch snail shell (added because my KH is dropping again); he hasn't left that shell for 2 days now. So, am starting to think he is caring for eggs.

All these fry, but no angel fry. I traded a couple of my males for another female. Unfortunately, she died So, now I have 5 adult angels - 2 males, 2 females and one unknown as yet).

Hope all your fishes are doing well.

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The way the light hits them also seems to make their coloration vary. Take a look at this one:

catsma_97504 said:
Yeah, you never know when you will get that shot!! It takes many, many shots to find one worth sharing.

Have you heard? I have krib fry in the planted community tank. Cannot remove them, so it's up to the parents. Not sure how old the fry are. I'd guess around 2-3 weeks.. And, my male bristlenose has been in a 6 inch snail shell (added because my KH is dropping again); he hasn't left that shell for 2 days now. So, am starting to think he is caring for eggs.

All these fry, but no angel fry. I traded a couple of my males for another female. Unfortunately, she died So, now I have 5 adult angels - 2 males, 2 females and one unknown as yet).

Hope all your fishes are doing well.

I saw your planted tank recently and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I have some drop dead gorgeous Angelfish fry if you ever need them. Even some adults.

Humm............... Kribs?................. Seems like they were on my list to get more of somewhere down the line

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Oh believe me, once that 125G is back in working order, I'll have the 55G empty. And, I want to fill it with different types of angels. And those blues are fascinating.

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
lorabell said:
They just keep getting Better and Better!!!!!!!!
Thanks Lorabell!!! I am so intrigued with them. Looking forward to see what they look like when full grown. An amazing journey along the way

Danni

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I want some fry...Hmmm??? I love them!

Paraiba is elusive enough but Diamond...wow!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful! I agree, they just get better and better looking every time I see them! The parents are total stunners so I have no doubt you're growing out some VERY impressive fish. ;D

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks you guys!!! Even hubby has found a fondness for them. He has always liked fish and Angels, but the Blue really appeals to him too.

@ Harpua...... have you shown the pics to the original breeder?

@ Danni........ Harpua and Bolivianbaby can probably fix you up with some

Danni

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your a bad influence Kathy supporting my habits. I have to get my existing fish to their tanks and then probably get some!

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Shot this video this afternoon.

And of course, Ziggy can be heard in the background LOL !!!

Ashley45

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They are beautiful fish!!! and the pictures are AMAZING!!

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks you guys!!!

If you notice in the video, there are some African and Peacock Cichlid fry swimming around. You might also notice that the Angels are ignoring them!!! Which means I get to dismantle the aquarium so that I can take the Cichlid fry out. Yipppeeeee! NOT! The Angels had rather wait for the Food Fairy to come along and sprinkle some nice tasty bites of food that are much easier to grab. Chasing live food is way too much harder.

This has happened before LOL. I put some Cichlid fry in with my grown Angels and they thought it was a blast for about the first 15 seconds until the little bits hit cover and disappeared. In just a few days the fry came out of hiding and began to meander around like they owned the place. In not time at all, they had my full grown HUGE Angels cowering in the top corners of the aquarium. The little rascals were nipping and taking itty bitty bites out of the Angels fins. The Angels didn't care for it and neither did I. So, that aquarium was dismantled and the small fry caught out. The Angels returned to their abode and once again began to reign supreme.

Here is a photo of the little rascals that terrorized the BIG GUYS!!!

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Kathy Potts said:
If you notice in the video, there are some African and Peacock Cichlid fry swimming around. You might also notice that the Angels are ignoring them!!! Which means I get to dismantle the aquarium so that I can take the Cichlid fry out. Yipppeeeee! NOT! The Angels had rather wait for the Food Fairy to come along and sprinkle some nice tasty bites of food that are much easier to grab. Chasing live food is way too much harder.
I had the same problem with White Cloud Mountain Minnows. But, my angels would chase them and couldn't catch the faster ones. I now have about 2 dozen WCMM!

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow........ I like WCMM's!!!!

Alasse said:
Absolutely stunning fish!!

I would love some like that....
If you only lived closer