Philippine Blue Angels | Page 5

Discussion in 'Kathy Potts' started by Kathy Potts, Feb 2, 2011.

1. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Kathy PottsWell Known MemberMember

Thanks Simon!!! I am beginning to get the hang of it now, I think :no2:

Gee................ I wonder what Catsma might be thinking about......... hummmm................ :;fb :;fb :;fb :giggle:

Snapped a few more shots this evening.

Simon, the second picture, does it look like it might have some pearl scales? If you look real close in front of the Blue, you can see a piece of fish food that it was about to eat LOL

2. Simon Law

Simon LawValued MemberMember

Yes! That one is a definate pearlscale - what an exceptional specimen (pearlscale is a recessive gene so is difficult to produce, much like the blue gene). I can't see the stripes clearly so do not know if they are complete or broken but from what I can make of it I think it's a Pearlscale Blue Clown AKA Diamond Blue Clown.

If you pair it with an Angelfish that does not have the Pearlscale gene you will not see any pearlscale in any of the offspring however if you inbreed those offspring together then pearlscale will appear again in 50% of the resulting babies.

3. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Simon, so if you take two Diamond Blue Clowns and breed them, what will you end up with?

4. Simon Law

That would be special indeed! All of them will be Diamond, all of them will be Blue. Some of those Blue Diamonds will be Zebras, some will be Clowns and some will be that special surprise I've mentioned before but they will be extra special because they will be Diamond as well!

5. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Simon, I gotta know what that special surprise is!!!!!!!!! Come on......... give :anim_63: .......... pleeeease :party0009:

6. Simon Law

I think I may have mentioned them to you before..... you will produce the illusive, the magical, the exalted, radiant and sublime PARAIBA!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCMGbm8Qmr0

A Diamond Paraiba is so rare that there isn't even a photo that you can google!

7. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

:happy0034: Thanks Simon!!!!!! :happy0034:

Sorry for the repeat!! Actually quite often I be a bit dense!!!! Thanks for putting up with me!!!!! You are a true sweetheart to help me out with this!!!! I sincerely appreciate it!!!!

8. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Some more photos:

9. catsma_97504

catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Beautiful fish, Kathy. You can really see that their blue coloring is developing.

10. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks Catsma. I was trying to get a shot of this guys fins. They seem to be broad. It was funny because I had been at it for a while, unable to get the shot that I wanted and then my cat got up in my lap and the fish didn't know what to think about that :giggle: Thus the shot above with its fins pretty much spread :giggle:

11. catsma_97504

Yeah, you never know when you will get that shot!! It takes many, many shots to find one worth sharing.

Have you heard? I have krib fry in the planted community tank. Cannot remove them, so it's up to the parents. Not sure how old the fry are. I'd guess around 2-3 weeks.. And, my male bristlenose has been in a 6 inch snail shell (added because my KH is dropping again); he hasn't left that shell for 2 days now. So, am starting to think he is caring for eggs.

All these fry, but no angel fry. I traded a couple of my males for another female. Unfortunately, she died :( So, now I have 5 adult angels - 2 males, 2 females and one unknown as yet).

Hope all your fishes are doing well.

12. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

The way the light hits them also seems to make their coloration vary. Take a look at this one:

13. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

I saw your planted tank recently and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I have some drop dead gorgeous Angelfish fry if you ever need them. Even some adults.

Humm............... Kribs?................. Seems like they were on my list to get more of somewhere down the line :giggle:

14. catsma_97504

Oh believe me, once that 125G is back in working order, I'll have the 55G empty. And, I want to fill it with different types of angels. And those blues are fascinating.

15. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Photos:

16. lorabell

lorabellWell Known MemberMember

They just keep getting Better and Better!!!!!!!!

17. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks Lorabell!!! I am so intrigued with them. Looking forward to see what they look like when full grown. An amazing journey along the way :;th

18. Danni

DanniWell Known MemberMember

:;dolphin I want some fry...Hmmm??? I love them!

Paraiba is elusive enough but Diamond...wow!

19. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Beautiful! I agree, they just get better and better looking every time I see them! The parents are total stunners so I have no doubt you're growing out some VERY impressive fish. ;D

20. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks you guys!!! Even hubby has found a fondness for them. He has always liked fish and Angels, but the Blue really appeals to him too.

@ Harpua...... have you shown the pics to the original breeder?

@ Danni........ Harpua and Bolivianbaby can probably fix you up with some :giggle: