Philippine Blue Angels - Page 4

markedblue83

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
wow, these are just amazing fish! You've taken great care of them and clearly Harpua has a great product!

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I finally did it. One of our 75 gallon tanks that did hold Africans and Peacocks no longer does. That tank is now the home to our Philippine Blues.

Snapped this photo a little earlier. Taken without a flash.

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They have grown fast! Their patterns have developed more and I can see that one is a Blue Clown - It's a half zebra half blushing giving it broken stripes.

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Simon Law said:
They have grown fast! Their patterns have developed more and I can see that one is a Blue Clown - It's a half zebra half blushing giving it broken stripes.
Is that what the one above is Simon?

I took several shots. Here are a couple more:

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kathy Potts said:
Is that what the one above is Simon?

I took several shots. Here are a couple more:
Yes the one that was above is a Blue Clown. The 2 new pics are Blue Zebras. Please try and breed 2 Blue Clowns together - that will produce some very special fry that will give you a surprise!

Lexi03

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
The angels are all so pretty! Maybe rethinking how many I want for my 75 gal. When its all ready.

Dont think I had seen any blue ones before these, maybe need to look into them.

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks you guys!!!!! Photographing the Philippine Blues is like photographing the Electric Blue Jack Dempsey's. If you use a flash, it simply does not do them justice at all!!!!! Not sure what the flash does with the blue color, but to get a photo of them the way the eye sees them, you have to shoot without a flash.

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lovely, a Blue Zebra and a Blue Clown. (disregarding any hidden genes) If you breed 2 Zebras together you will pretty much get all Blue Zebra babies. If you breed a Zebra and a Clown you will pretty much get a mix of Zebras and Clowns. If you can manage to breed 2 Clowns together - you are in for a surprise! A quarter of those offspring are gonna be something special indeed.

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Simon Law said:
Lovely, a Blue Zebra and a Blue Clown. (disregarding any hidden genes) If you breed 2 Zebras together you will pretty much get all Blue Zebra babies. If you breed a Zebra and a Clown you will pretty much get a mix of Zebras and Clowns. If you can manage to breed 2 Clowns together - you are in for a surprise! A quarter of those offspring are gonna be something special indeed.
Simon,

So what is this one?

catsma_97504 said:
They sure are growing fast! Still a fascinating color. One I've never seen before. Man, I want some, but have no room
Catsma, what about your 125 gallon when it gets fixed? BTW, what is wrong with it? I am sure I missed a link about it somewhere.

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That one is a Blue Ghost. It's half blushing and half silver. A Blue Ghost paired with a Blue Clown will be an excellent breeding match too - you will have the same 25% chance of getting that special surprise!

catsma_97504

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Kathy Potts said:
Catsma, what about your 125 gallon when it gets fixed? BTW, what is wrong with it? I am sure I missed a link about it somewhere.
It sprung a leak only 2 weeks after I set it up last January. I need to fix it, but do not have indoor work space and it is still too cold outside, not to mention the snow/rain we've been getting.

Once it is set back up, I'll be emptying out the 55G so can fill it with something

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Simon Law said:
That one is a Blue Ghost. It's half blushing and half silver. A Blue Ghost paired with a Blue Clown will be an excellent breeding match too - you will have the same 25% chance of getting that special surprise!
Thanks Simon!!! I am beginning to get the hang of it now, I think

catsma_97504 said:
It sprung a leak only 2 weeks after I set it up last January. I need to fix it, but do not have indoor work space and it is still too cold outside, not to mention the snow/rain we've been getting.

Once it is set back up, I'll be emptying out the 55G so can fill it with something
Gee................ I wonder what Catsma might be thinking about......... hummmm................

Snapped a few more shots this evening.

Simon, the second picture, does it look like it might have some pearl scales? If you look real close in front of the Blue, you can see a piece of fish food that it was about to eat LOL

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes! That one is a definite pearlscale - what an exceptional specimen (pearlscale is a recessive gene so is difficult to produce, much like the blue gene). I can't see the stripes clearly so do not know if they are complete or broken but from what I can make of it I think it's a Pearlscale Blue Clown AKA Diamond Blue Clown.

If you pair it with an Angelfish that does not have the Pearlscale gene you will not see any pearlscale in any of the offspring however if you inbreed those offspring together then pearlscale will appear again in 50% of the resulting babies.

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Simon, so if you take two Diamond Blue Clowns and breed them, what will you end up with?

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That would be special indeed! All of them will be Diamond, all of them will be Blue. Some of those Blue Diamonds will be Zebras, some will be Clowns and some will be that special surprise I've mentioned before but they will be extra special because they will be Diamond as well!

OP
K

Kathy Potts

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Simon, I gotta know what that special surprise is!!!!!!!!! Come on......... give .......... pleeeease arty0009:

Simon Law

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think I may have mentioned them to you before..... you will produce the illusive, the magical, the exalted, radiant and sublime PARAIBA!

A Diamond Paraiba is so rare that there isn't even a photo that you can google!

New Threads