Philippine Blue Angels | Page 4

Discussion in 'Kathy Potts' started by Kathy Potts, Feb 2, 2011.

1. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Yes, Kathy, they do look like they are showing more blue now since I sent them! Great job!!! I swear, you must have the magic touch with angels, lol.

I have seen pics of the parents of these fish. They are bound to be stunning adults. ;)

2. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Kathy PottsWell Known MemberMember

I am so glad I got these from you Harpua!! And I can hardly wait to get some more!! These guys and dolls have definitely figured out who the food fairy is around here. LOL Thank you again for making them available to me!!!

I am looking forward to being able to photograph them as they grow and mature. And I find it really neat to be able to share all of this with people that also share our enthusiasm about fish keeping!!

3. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Snapped some new pictures of the Philippine Blues today. I am not using a flash. Will try and pick out some halfway decent ones. These guys and dolls have tripled in size since they arrived. They are training me well :giggle:

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  4. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  5. Danni

DanniWell Known MemberMember

Gorgeous...but I expected nothing less. :) Ummm I want some of those. :)

6. catsma_97504

catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Very nice. Their blue coloring is really starting to come through. Fascinating color variety!

7. markedblue83

markedblue83Valued MemberMember

wow, these are just amazing fish! You've taken great care of them and clearly Harpua has a great product!

8. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Well, I finally did it. One of our 75 gallon tanks that did hold Africans and Peacocks no longer does. That tank is now the home to our Philippine Blues.

Snapped this photo a little earlier. Taken without a flash.

9. Simon Law

Simon LawValued MemberMember

They have grown fast! Their patterns have developed more and I can see that one is a Blue Clown - It's a half zebra half blushing giving it broken stripes.

10. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Is that what the one above is Simon?

I took several shots. Here are a couple more:

11. Simon Law

Yes the one that was above is a Blue Clown. The 2 new pics are Blue Zebras. Please try and breed 2 Blue Clowns together - that will produce some very special fry that will give you a surprise! :D

12. Lexi03

Lexi03Well Known MemberMember

The angels are all so pretty! Maybe rethinking how many I want for my 75 gal. When its all ready.

Dont think I had seen any blue ones before these, maybe need to look into them.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  13. lorabell

lorabellWell Known MemberMember

Absolutely georgeous Kathy!!!!!!!!! I hope u do as well with them as your other types!!!!!!
    (actuually....lol...we know u will!!!!!!!!)

14. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

They look beautiful!!!!! :D

15. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Thanks you guys!!!!! Photographing the Philippine Blues is like photographing the Electric Blue Jack Dempsey's. If you use a flash, it simply does not do them justice at all!!!!! Not sure what the flash does with the blue color, but to get a photo of them the way the eye sees them, you have to shoot without a flash.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  16. Simon Law

Lovely, a Blue Zebra and a Blue Clown. (disregarding any hidden genes) If you breed 2 Zebras together you will pretty much get all Blue Zebra babies. If you breed a Zebra and a Clown you will pretty much get a mix of Zebras and Clowns. If you can manage to breed 2 Clowns together - you are in for a surprise! A quarter of those offspring are gonna be something special indeed.

17. catsma_97504

They sure are growing fast! Still a fascinating color. One I've never seen before. Man, I want some, but have no room :(

18. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Simon,

So what is this one?

Catsma, what about your 125 gallon when it gets fixed? BTW, what is wrong with it? I am sure I missed a link about it somewhere.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  19. Simon Law

That one is a Blue Ghost. It's half blushing and half silver. A Blue Ghost paired with a Blue Clown will be an excellent breeding match too - you will have the same 25% chance of getting that special surprise! :D

20. catsma_97504

It sprung a leak only 2 weeks after I set it up last January. I need to fix it, but do not have indoor work space and it is still too cold outside, not to mention the snow/rain we've been getting.

Once it is set back up, I'll be emptying out the 55G so can fill it with something :whistling: