Philippine Blue Angels Second Group Video

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Kathy Potts, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Kathy Potts

Kathy PottsWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +33
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Last week, I got some more fish from Bolivianbaby and Harpua. I am happy to say that I have had 100% survival rate with all of them.

10 Angels: Some Philippine Blue and some just carry the blue gene.
    7 Angels: Silver
    9 Rainbows

I can't remember what the rainbows are called but you can see them in the background.

If you listen ever so closely, in the background you can hear our Senegal parrot, Ziggy, saying, "What ya doing?". I was standing near him when I shot the video, and of course he had to say, "What ya doing?" Sometimes I think that bird actually knows what he is talking about.

The food tablet that is stuck to the aquarium glass is put out by Sera. They are O-nip Tabs with Tidbits. Just in case anyone was wondering. The fish love them.

Hope you enjoy the video and get a chance to hear Ziggy :giggle: I was surprised that the quality of the video did as well as it did.

BTW: I had two of the tablets in the tank, but just shot the video with one of the tablets. No fear, the Rainbows also got their fair share.

One thing that I might mention is that when I feed my young fish is that I turn off the filtration in the tank. That way the fish get more of the food than the filter does. Only problem with that is remembering to go back and turn the filters back on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-XAS4ULqwo

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +124
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    WOW they sure have grown!!!! Great vid!!!!

(Melanotaenia kamaka.) Hope you love them as much as I do.

3. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Ratings:
    +33
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    The Rainbows are going to be STUNNERS when they get grown. For being so young, their colors are already amazing!!!!! A tank with them and the Bosemani Rainbow would be beautiful!!!!!!

And needless to say, yes I love them too!!!!!

4. harpua2002

harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +124
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Refresh my memory... you already have the Boesemanis, correct?

BTW, I just have to share... the supplier from which I order my Kamakas refers to them as "Kamaka DWARF rainbows". What a trip.

5. toosie

toosieFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +599
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Yep, can hear Ziggy, very well. LOL He's cute!!

Hat's off to all three of you!! Those are beautiful fish!

Guess their parents deserve some credit too, so hat's off to them too!

6. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Ratings:
    +33
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Yep, I already have some full grown Boesemanis in the 180 gallon tank but am seriously considering turning either the 90 or 75 or both tanks into community tanks. If and when I do, I sure hope you have some more Rainbows then, including the Boesemanis. BTW: Some Silver Dollars and Odessa Barbs wouldn't be bad either. LOL Just to name a few LOL

Thanks toosie!

While listening to the video again just a short while ago, I also heard him say "Hello". He is adorable!!!

7. catsma_97504

catsma_97504Fishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +177
    Great video!

You must have a very full house with all those angels you breed and your new purchases.

8. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Ratings:
    +33
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    I limit myself on how many I can handle raising at a time. I have two 10 gallon aquariums that I hatch the fry in and leave them there until it is time to bump them up to the 40 and 30 gallon tanks.

Last week, I had 4 pairs all breeding on the very same day, but, I didn't save any of the eggs because the two 10 gallons are full. I enjoy raising the Angelfish and don't want it to become a drudgery. Plus, there is no need in breeding them unless I can find a place for them to go. The guy that usually gets them from me still has me on hold. So until the 40 & 30 are clear again, so that I can bump the two 10's up, everybody gets some high protein snacks. I know that may sound cruel, but I just have to let nature take its course. Still contemplating on putting some up for sale here at FishLore and on the internet.

9. catsma_97504

Ratings:
    +177
    I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest if you sell your angels. You are known for having healthy fish....as is very evident in your pictures. I know I would be if 1. We didn't live so far apart and 2. I had room! With the 125 still out of commission I am cramped....and I have ram eggs that hatched tonight, so will be trying to raise them.

10. mosaicguppy

mosaicguppyWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +41
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Ziggy is so cute! Your angelfish are absolutely beautiful!

11. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +313
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hello Kathy

Beautiful new fish! Congrats. I heard Ziggy!

Ken

12. darrellg1

darrellg1Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +10
    Experience:
    5 years
    Kathy..

Great looking angels beautiful i was at my locla lfs store today and they had over 40 of some broad fined blue gened angles in sotck so i got 4 plus to blushing angles ill get up a little video as soon as they have settled in for your angels

13. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Ratings:
    +33
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Thanks everybody!!! Looking forward to watching these guy/dolls grow up and photographing them along the way!

I am sure if you stick around long enough, you will hear Ziggy say "Hello!" :giggle: He did in this video, but just not quite loud enough. He is sitting over there is his cage at the moment telling me "Hello!" Now comes "I love you."
    and "Me love you!" , "Ziggy loves you." ..... "Ziggy is a pretty bird. Come and get your love." Very special bird!!!

14. catsma_97504

Ratings:
    +177
    Oh how cute. You should get a video of Ziggy talking!

15. OP
    OP
    Kathy Potts

Ratings:
    +33
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    We try to get him to talk when somebody comes over, but he clams up!!!! The little stinker :giggle: He will talk for hours on end if you leave the room :whistling: or if you are busy doing something like trying to concentrate You should hear some of the conversations we have while I am sitting here trying to type :giggle:

16. jamiepfef

jamiepfefValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Experience:
    2 years
    i lvoe them they are so cute!!!