ph?

jrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
can fish live in water that has a pH of 8.4?

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure of too many fresh water fish that like the ph that high, but there are quite a few salt water fish that do. ie. Lionfish and Moorish Idols.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Very few will really tolerate that. However,African Rift Lake fish love it. So really any fish from lake Malawi or lake Tanganyika, like Synondontis Catfish or African Cichlids.

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
My tank has a pH of about 8.2 or 8.0 usually. I have swordtails, guppies, cories... I don't know why my pH is that high but my fish are fine with it so I don't add any pH down or anything like that.

countryblue

Reaction score
Emma said:
My tank has a pH of about 8.2 or 8.0 usually.  I have swordtails, guppies, cories...  I don't know why my pH is that high but my fish are fine with it so I don't add any pH down or anything like that.
same here ph 8.2-8.4 hard water at 450...one year no prob.with tet's.molly's,zebra danio's,also read artical from India on high pH,and concured not to panic about ph......

Clint

Valued Member
Reaction score
My PH ranges from 8.2_8.5 I have sharks cichlids plecos danios catfish and r all very happy and healthy territorial at times other then that hmmm I think they are happy campers...thx 4ur time ...Clint

countryblue

Reaction score
is your water hard also like mine?...I stopped worring about that too!....No expert here for sure,but keeping the water changed,temp right,nitrite's,nitrate's,ammonia,within level's...seem's to work fine.....G

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom