Ph Rise Back Up After Co2 Used

Big sky
Will the ph rise back up after the c02 is used by the plants cause I know it lowers ph when added

Pescado_Verde
It should.

RSababady
Will the ph rise back up after the c02 is used by the plants cause I know it lowers ph when added
The more the CO2 in the water, the more acidic the water gets. The more acidic the water, the lower the pH.
So yes, first thing in the morning your pH will be higher than in the evening as photosynthesis produces CO2 during the day.

Why do you ask? Are you having an issue?

Big sky
Thanks for replying no issues just info I like to know as much as possible

EbiAqua
Are you currently using CO2? If so, do you have a drop checker?

Big sky
Yes I use co2 on a regular basis and do have a drop checker that's most of the reason I asked if ph will go back up the checker will be blue in the morning and after a while of it turned on go to green it's the first week using co2 seams to help plants already

RSababady
Yes I use co2 on a regular basis and do have a drop checker that's most of the reason I asked if ph will go back up the checker will be blue in the morning and after a while of it turned on go to green it's the first week using co2 seams to help plants already
Just a quick sanity check - CO2 need to be injected when it is needed - i.e. when the plants are photosynthesising i.e. light and CO2 at the same time. Is that what you are doing?

KeeperOfASilentWorld

No the CO2, thus the ph should be kept stable through out the entire lightning period by adjusting the injection rate. Only after the lights off/co2 off, the pH should start rising back up again due to gaseous exchange.

The drop checker should be lime green before lights on and stay that way all through out the lighting period, never turning a darker green. Yellowish is ok.

But, I recommend the use of a pH pen ( pH meter ). Here is a link on how to interpret CO2 through pH by the use of a pH pen:

aniroc
The more the CO2 in the water, the more acidic the water gets. The more acidic the water, the lower the pH.
So yes, first thing in the morning your pH will be higher than in the evening as photosynthesis produces CO2 during the day.

Why do you ask? Are you having an issue?

No, no! Photosynthesis does not produce CO2 during the day. Also, the pH goes up as the plants use CO2 and the pH in the morning is lower (more acidic) than in the evening.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Chanyi
Replies
Views
axel
Replies
Views
Dave125g
  • Question
Replies