Ph is wayyyyy down like scary low

WagglePets

So my ph in all my 4 tanks is 7.5ish well I checked all my tanks with a test strip just for the heck of it (even tho I have api master test kit) and all of them said 7.5 besides one... my 20 gallon. It read 6.2!!!!?? I have to admit I fall behind on water changes but I have plants in there so nitrates don’t really rise too high. What could be the cause?? All my fish are acting fine that I’ve had for months and I’m scared if I do a water change the ph from the new water will shock all my fish :( i need help!!

StarGirl

Do several smaller ones daily. If you are getting behind on water changes maybe downsize tanks. :)

Cherryshrimp420

The buffer (KH) probably got used up. What's the KH of your source water? Might need to replenish it.

PeterFishKeepin

The buffer (KH) probably got used up. What's the KH of your source water? Might need to replenish it
just my thoughts, if the source water KH levels are low, wouldnt all of the OP's tanks also have lower pH?? i think its something about the tank not so much source water?? perhaps?

Cherryshrimp420

just my thoughts, if the source water KH levels are low, wouldnt all of the OP's tanks also have lower pH?? i think its something about the tank not so much source water?? perhaps?
Yeah if he frequently water changes then he may never notice it. But if he slacks for a period like he said, then the pH crash can happen

WagglePets

Do several smaller ones daily. If you are getting behind on water changes maybe downsize tanks. :)
From now on I’m going to do a lot of little water changes and thank you!
The buffer (KH) probably got used up. What's the KH of your source water? Might need to replenish it.
I don’t really know what that means to be honest heh but I d9nt think anything

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Jerome O'Neil
Replies
Views
neofyt05
Replies
Views
Chanyi