Ph Is Low 6.4

Keith Leazer

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I posted that my 75 gal ph is low,someone suggested that I check the KH and GH . I got the kit and the tank water is GH IS 8O.5 and KH is35.8. The PH runs about 6.0 t0 6.4. I have 2 clowns,2 parrots,2 sharks 1 pleco. 2 angels, 7 glow fish. 2 pieces 0f driftwood with 2 plants and 6 marino balls. I'm I ok. Tank has been setup about 9 months

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If the fish doesn't show signs of distress than I would leave it alone...chasing pH can be a good thing and a bad thing.

I would keep an eye on their behavoir in the mean time, if they seem skittish and running into things, like crashing into the glass, or their skin appears to be coming off (look for a white line at the tips of their fins) you'll know you have too low of a pH.

If you want to raise pH a little bit you should get some crush coral. 1 cup to 40 gallons is the ratio I advise people here...so you would need just under two cups of it if you want to raise it from 6.4-7.4ish.

Keith Leazer

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fashooga said:
If the fish doesn't show signs of distress than I would leave it alone...chasing pH can be a good thing and a bad thing.

I would keep an eye on their behavoir in the mean time, if they seem skittish and running into things, like crashing into the glass, or their skin appears to be coming off (look for a white line at the tips of their fins) you'll know you have too low of a pH.

If you want to raise pH a little bit you should get some crush coral. 1 cup to 40 gallons is the ratio I advise people here...so you would need just under two cups of it if you want to raise it from

Keith Leazer

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks for the info. The fish seem healthy.
Checked the tap water and its about the same as the tank

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom